Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Sorry, I like my pit ferocious.

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Sorry, I like my pit ferocious.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Well,it won’t take long to get a ton of funnies, especially with a lab for a play mate! Hope that your new friend keeps getting better and better. Where I live in Fl., there alot of pitbulls. I got Lillie as a puppy-3 mos.- after someone dumped her. She’s 2 now, and, I know that her life is the best a dog could wish for! All the toys she can play with, and no other dogs to share them with…, 3 cats to scare, a boy and a girl to love on, plus a mom and dad. Mom is a groomer, so she also grew up in a grooming shop. When I started researching this breed, I found out so much about them, and I try to make sure that she has everything she could ever need, it sounds like you feel the same way about your friends, and it hopefully won’t take the new friend long to develop a healthy, loving bond with you, your entire family, and all the other critters that you love. One great thing about pits is that they are very loving and loyal, and they tend to bond very closely, and quickly with their owners. So even though he was abused, he will probably have no problem adjusting to his new life. Good luck, and thank god you found Spike, not someone else who wants him for a “status symbol”. There are a few other awesome websites you might want to check out…One is http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com -pet pitbull tab is good, also cute poems, etc. under “inspirations”, also http://www.pbrc.net is a good one. Lots of info, and whatnot…good stuff for training, toys, that kind of stuff.

kendseycollins
    Participant

Not to worry!  You’ll b full of stories before too long.  Kaos cracks me up. I wish I could post videos! I have a bunch on my phone.  He provides hours of entertainment and I dare say that he’s well entertained by us too.  He gets that look on his face like, “Mom, I’m not sure what you’re doing, but you look REDICULOUS doing it!”  Then we all laugh.  They are so funny and just a blast to be around.  They’re just so full of spunk and personality.  Plus, they really are just so much better when they’re feroucious.  Lol. The do all sorts of funny things, like run from Chihuahua’s and hide from the Jack Russel terriers.  Ha ha.  Kaos hid from two Jack Russels when they came out to maul him and Digs, our 15 year old golden retriever mix, on our walk last night.  He was hiding behind my legs when he realized “Grandma” was about to be eaten by these two little horrors.  He got brave, growled once, but ended up just inspecting Grandma for injuries (much to her irritation,) after we were out of harms way.

FaithB
    Participant

Hi…Why do you like your Pit ferocious?  Did you train it to be ferocious?

rebeccajoshuaoshea
    Participant

You’ll have to read the first comment of this thread, along with others that follow. It’s not that we like our pits “ferocious,” but exactly the opposite…how the typical view of a pit is “WATCH OUT THEY’RE GONNA EAT YOUR FACE OFF!” When, in reality, our pits are just big ol’ babies who need to inspect EVERYTHING in their path–sticks, twigs, toads, leaves, and other things as well, to make sure their owners and family are safe. 🙂

kendseycollins
    Participant

Not at all, this comment was purely sarcastic.  If you go back and read the posts in this thread you will see that all of our dogs are FAR from feriocious.  We just get a kick out of those times when our lap dogs try to protect us from bags of ice, baloons, holes, and all sorts of other possible assailants.  For instance, on our walk tonight, Kaos fended off a very menacing basketball hoop, and, just for good measure, peed on it to show it who was REALLY boss, before we continued our walk in peace.  I get a kick out of this thread because there is so much negativity that the owner of any pit deals with, it’s nice to have a place to laugh at the best side of our dogs.  If you have a pit, I’m sure you have some story about how he or she atempted to save you from the tipped over laundry basket or some other type of household or neighborhood fixture that certainly meant you harm!!!!  The laughs are never ending with these dogs.  We’re just sharing some of their brighter moments.

southern_pit79
    Participant

Yes please read the entire post, I’m being sarcastic

southern_pit79
    Participant

I love all the great stories! as many of you that have commented know Layla is terrified of rain and even the most distant thunder. Fourth of july was not a happy time for her i really dont have a good house for her fears. anyway the other night we were sitting out back and apparently someone had left over fireworks they were setting off. Layla growled trotted around sounding all mean…. i opened the door and she bolted inside. lol i told her yeah you are ferocious you told them fireworks who’s boss…. before running scared lol

southern_pit79
    Participant

LOL actually my neighbors were walking their beagels last night and i joined them and we wound up over at their place, as per usual. My neighbor brought up again how well Layla protects her from rogue beer bottles as she puts it. LOL

Its funny i havent gotten the first moment’s grief in my neighborhood about her. Everyone i mean EVERYONE says how beautiful she is and man she is just a great dog. They let their children play with her, (she is leashed and on my hand with this occurs no chances! i dont trust children), and bring their little dogs around. When 5 or 6 neighborhood families and i were hanging out every night from the 30th through the 4th i had her with me and they all wanted to pet her they kept calling her to come to them. They DIED when she climbed into Kevin’s lap to assault him with kisses. They each have given her nicknames as well. Ive only had her 3 months and already they adore her.

FaithB
    Participant

You are right..I joined and saw this and ofcourse was on the defense of our babys lol..I have a big lap pit bull as well…I love them all, I get so mad when I see people who do train them to be ferocious! It gives them all a bad name:( I am glad I actually came back and read the post!

southern_pit79
    Participant

So am I!!! Yeah its said what other people have done to our  breed. I always ask people if they have seen the videos from the fighting rings what they do to make the dogs mean. It says something about the dogs that they have to be tortured to make them mean. If you have to torture them, they arent really mean.

Well, for all our “well meaning, pitbull bashing, ignorant” neighbors, I submit as states evidence number 1: a video from L.a., of 2 stupid robbers, that were chased(gun and all), right out the front door by the MEANEST DOG IN AMERICA! (It is a 3 pound chihuahua) I actually think I have groomed this exact dog, but for everyones viewing and cracking up pleasure, the page is http://www.tampabay.com , and it is a video of the robbery. Just make sure ur pit is put up, or they might wet themselves,and try to invade ur lap! 🙂 enjoy!

OhPrincessSaRaH
    Participant

I’m an animal control officer for my state & am currently on light duty (I’m 8 months pregnant). I have 2 WONDERFUL Pits. 1 (Sunny) was abused and the owner finally agreed to give her to me years ago, & the other I went on a call for a dog being thrown out of a moving car window…I picked up my beloved Penny Lane and the rest is history. I love my girls!!

Reading these posts have made me smile! When all I hear all day is about how evil Pit Bulls/bully breeds are & how I should get rid of mine because “you know…they’ll eat your babies!!!”…it gets me down with how ridiculous & how misinformed people really are. I love that there is a forum to speak to people who are all of the same mindset about this wonderful, loving breed!

kendseycollins
    Participant

Welcome and congrats on the soon-to-be new member of your family!  I agree, it’s fantastic to be able to be away from all the negativity.  I find it sad that, in the battle to save our bullies, there aren’t more people truly talking about stuff like this.  We seem to be constantly on the deffensive, trying to battle media hype.  I find myself defending my boy more often than I am able to share the best parts of him with people.  Rather than tell a funny story, I have to explain that he’s not a nasty dog.  Rather than make somebody laugh, I have to convince them I’m not crazy for owning a pit with kids.  I wish there was a better way to share the hillarity that we all live with.  Maybe if this type of stuff was being broadcast, rather than all the other crap, it wouldn’t be so hard for outsiders to understand what we love about our dogs.

Agreed.I groom at a facility that does boarding,and daycare,and they don’t take any dogs over 30 lbs.Including me, everyone but the owner of the place has a pit. She recently took in a pit mix that is 7 months old,and her name is Lilly-just like mine! When she was accepted into the facility, the owner came to find me, so she could introduce me to the dog.She likes this dog alot,as she is funny,and clever(I was out in the yard with her 2 days ago,and she learned after 3 days of watching ppl un latch the gate,how to paw it,and if she’s on the inside,she can unlockit!Where she was in the yard,she couldn’t unlock it,so she tried to vault over the 6.5 ft. gate,and would have made it if I didn’t take her in immediately. Of course,no one knew she could do this,but now they do!)Well,as I’m talking with her about pits in general,she tells me that all she has ever heard is negativity(of course),and that among other things, she’d never leave one alone with a small child.So,I told her that I wouldn’t leave a GOLDFISH alone with a small child,and she started asking me about my dog, and how she gets along with my cats,(well, not just mine,all cats)and what I know about the breed,etc.The next time I worked there,I went outside with her and the 30 plus yappy ankle biters,and the pit(that in addition to having the same name as my dog,also shares the paralyzing fear of all small dogs).I told her that I am going to an event on October 22 in Tampa. I also told her what the events were for, and asked her if she would like to come with me. She was surprised to say the least,and very flattered that I would ask her to go with me to an event for pitbull awarness day. I haven’t gotten a positive “yes” from her yet,but even if she doesn’t go,I told her that I will get some material for her to read, and see what challenges face all pitbull owners,and what the drawbacks and rewards are with the breed.She was so happy that I would even offer to help her learn more about the breed.I just keep trying to put the good word out there.I demand a lot from my dog,I want her to be a positive representitive for her breed.She’s got to be polite on her leash, can’t jump on ppl, and isn’t allowed to go after anything(not that she would,she’d be frozen in terror),and if a dog comes up to her,she isn’t allowed to act a fool,but I will keep her from being hurt(I carry pepper spray,and a walking stick). A lot of ppl are blown away when they’re seeing a 55 pound rock solid pitbull not only sit,but also look at me until I tell her she can get up.Of course,once they see this,their dog is in big trouble!

Jessie1127
    Participant

Finally! I’m so happy to be a member of a site where pitbulls are so loved and cherished!!

My lovely Rocky will ferociously protect me from…. his own snores. Yep. That’s right. He has frequently woken himself up because of how loud he snores. =) He’s cute.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.