Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Dog attacks–why do they continue to undermine the breed?

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Dog attacks–why do they continue to undermine the breed?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Banpitbulls
    Participant

I unfortunately found out how evil this breed is first hand. A pitbull came onto my property, into my garage and heartlessly murdered my defenseless 5 pound poodle. Anyone that defends this monstrous breed is ignorant, why would you purposely own a cold blooded, overly aggressive beast? There is a reason that several countries have banned the breed entirely.

Banpitbulls
    Participant

And to the people ignorant enough to say that pitbulls have been unfairly made a media scapegoat, facts and statistics don’t lie, pitbulls attack and kill almost three times more often than any other dog.

jasons-pities
    Participant

first off lets get the facts straight .. I would like to know where it is you live are you in a big city or on the out skirts.. also there are dogs that are just as big and bigger that would eat your poodle .. I own 2 pits and a german shepard and i will bet any money on it that your dog got scared and attacked the pit .. they dont start fights but will fight to win … also it is the responsability of the person that owns the dog to keep it undercontrol.. at all times when my dogs are home they are inside with me and when i let them out i am watching them at all times .. this goes for all dogs they should never be left to sit in the yard unsupervised… dogs escape mine have gotten out and i immediatly chase her or him down and bring them back .. stray dogs in the big cities are not pets they are like any other animal surviving in the world . I am sorry that you lost a pet … but how do you know it was a pitbull every time there is a attack if it has a musclcular body and a square blocky shaped head its a pitbull there are alot of dogs that are mixes with your faimly friend golden labs and yellow labs.. also labs have blocky heads if they are a true full bread dog.. there are way to many variables to say that all pitbulls are evil killers that is just ignorant .. people kill everyday so are alkl people evil killers… as for pits kill more than any other dog they are a strong powerfull dog and are being over breed and when you have more running around there are going to be more attacks by the so called pitbull.. also how is a shitzu going to kill anything that can fight back so of course there will be more damage done by any of the larger breed dogs.. my sisters golden retriever bit my daughter in the face for no reason other than she stuck her face down near his.. and if i wasnt there could the dog tried to attack her furthewr yes but i grabbed her and scruffed him to his side .. i dont trust any dog big or small around kids ever .. my dogs are supervised around my smaller children at all times or they are in there kennel… comes down to one thing responsible owners .. please take your hate and bring it to the poodle forum we dont want to here it in here you are evidently ignorant and narrow minded.. oh check your info also you may not like what you find but pits are way lower on the bite list than many other dogs and that a true statistic

southern_pit79
    Participant

my sympothies for the loss of your beloved pet. however by your logic humans should be banned as well for all the evil we have and continue to do.

southern_pit79
    Participant

yes however people do. there are many breeds that look similar to pits but arent. pits get balmed for their bad behavior in these statistics. people dont report a lab nipping or biting a person, they do everytime a pit does, so the statics are scewed there, and the media primarially reports pit bull attacks over all breeds.

DizzyBiddy
    Participant

Hi everyone!  The dog trainer ~ whose Doggie School, my dog graduated from – well, she is pretty much a dog expert.  She has trained dogs for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and at least 20 other law enforcement agencies here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  She has been a dog trainer for 30 years.  Well, she told me that as a courtesy, when I am walking my dog – and see folks approaching, even if they don’t have a dog – if it is possible, I should cross the street as a courtesy – or walk well around those folks.  Some people are just scared of any dog.  Also there are a lot of A-Hole dogs out there (regardless of the breed).  After I cross the street, I usually say hello to whoever.  About half of the time, the other person will tell me, there was no need to cross the street – or comment on what a beautiful dog I have.  The media does suck when it comes to our little pitties.  We’ve got to keep up any positive Public Relations we can – even when just walking the dog . . .

DizzyBiddy
    Participant

Wow!  Are you prejudiced against people too?  I’m really sorry to know you are blaming a whole breed – for the act of one dog.  As a four-year old girl, my hand was bitten by a poodle, yet I am still incredibly sorry to learn of your loss.  Also, I have scars on my right leg from where a German Shepard bite me while riding my bike as a teenager.  Did my parents sue on either account – NO!!!  You really should understand that you cannot blame a whole race for the bad acts of one!!!

FaithB
    Participant

The exact reason why I feel so bad for pitbulls…The people who do raise them to do things like that should be banned!! The law is now putting them in jail, finally. It does not mean all pitbulls are mean. I am sorry for your loss but we love our pitbulls as much as you love your poodle…My dog plays with a kitten I just got yesterday. They are best friends already. I honeslty do not know If I would trust my kitten around a Poodle!! I have never been bitten by any other dog but a poodle…Ankle biter?? My dog sleeps in my bed every night, except last night, slept in his own bed with the kitten lol..I will post the pictures later..So cute!!

You can not ban a breed of dog because the OWNERS teach it to bad things, it was a defenseless puppy at one time counting on this person to teach it good things. unfortunately Losers take this poor puppy and teach it horrific things like that. Why would anyone take it out on a dog? It makes no sense..Stop and think about what you are saying..I say ban all ankle biters lol..however I am an ALL dog lover!

Animal Control officers and Humane societys everywhere are working to stop the training of this kind of thing. Hopefully someday it will come to an end and all pitbulls can live happy and safe everywhere! It does help if you become a member of the A.S.P.C.A. like me:)

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.