Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Chewing Toys

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Taana
    Participant

I have the almost indestructable ball, the eGGe toy, and the goughnut
    (this is guaranteed if destroyed they will replace as well as the kong. They love all of them and as of yet (knock on wood) haven’t been able to destroy them. Both of my boys are very hard chewers. As a treat I fill the kong with kibble mixed with peanut butter or fill it with yogurt and freeze it for a special treat. They get very excited over these interactive toys.

amberc922
    Participant

I have a question for anyone…. I have been buying the nylabone with the mint in the middle so its green in the middle and the creamy color on the ends. The seem to be lasting for a month or so but I can’t tell if Kira (my main chewer) is actually eating it or it just get worn down from her constant chewing. Is it safe or should I stop giving it to her? Also I noticed some of you have said you use bully sticks and real bones or hooves. Are those safe for them to ingest? My guess is no but I was just wondering what others had to say. I had also posted earlier about my male pit Ace destorying his Kong. Well I got him the x-large size and now he loves it. I put the Kong filler in it and he goes crazy of course he expects me to hold it for him lol. But I think the first size was to small for him.

raisins mom
    Participant

We feed both our dogs soup bones from the butcher shop. My shepherd can power down a whole bone and leave nuting left to find. My pibble chews on them but has never eaten the whole thing. He just loves to chew so mostly he pulls of any meant and then digs in for the marrow. I find them hidden in his crates and in the yard. He loves them and keep him busy for hours. Our shepherd’s trainer is the one who introduced us to soup bones and she has never had a problem and our vet has said it’s fine. Each night after we feed our dogs their kibble we say time for dessert. They run to the freezer and sit waiting for their bones. After we hand them their bones they run to their crates to chew away. We don’t leave them alone to chew on them esp cuz Jerry chews them to bits. Raisin like I said he hides them. I figured out when he not smileing that means he hiding someting in his mouth now. Character he is.

LoveMyRescue
    Participant

Amberc922- ace sounds like my crazy pup!! He is also a rescue and destroys everything!! Haha he did the same w his kong and just made a bigger hole bc he was sick of me playoff games making him work for his treats!! Lol

rebeccajoshuaoshea
    Participant

Kong toys seem to be O’Shea’s favorite, esp. his wobbly one, where we stick a portion of his food in there–keeps him occupied for at least 10-15 minutes. 🙂 The only time we ever got rawhides was when we first got him, and little did we know he’d down one in a short period of time, then have the runs REAL BAD. He loves beef bones that have marrow in them. Of course, we watch him while chewing on it, cuz he’ll really go at it and break pieces of the bone off, and if it’s a large piece, we’ll take that away, let him continue chewing. I heard these marrow bones seem to be some of the best ones, esp. if you can get some bones from a butcher shop.

aschlauf
    Participant

That is sad but also hilarious!!!

j44
    Participant

For my two pitties, only the black Kongs have been good. Those are also destroyed, but it takes a few months.

The Kong balls are good because they don’t have any angles to rip.

Also, if you fill a Kong with peanut butter and freeze it, it will keep your dog busy for a long time.

amberc922
    Participant

I went to Petsmart this weekend and found a Nylabone I hadn’t see before. It is Black. on the back in fine print it says that if you have your reciept and the bone gets destroyed they will replace it if you send it to Nylabone. So I got one for up to 50lbs which is how much my female Kira weighs and she is the major chewer so we will see.

Amber

MamaGrimm
    Participant

Just wanted to add a quick “heads up” about the Almost Indestructible Ball. Although we checked it regularly for wear – like we do all toys – Rosie found a way to chew through the 10″ ball at the plug and got her lower jaw stuck in it. Took our vet about 30 minutes of careful work with a bone saw to cut the ball away enough to free her up. No broken bones or stitches, but she lost blood flow to a couple of spots on her gums and the tissue is dead. It’ll take a little while, but she should heal just fine. When checking for wear – give special attention to the area around the plug. Would not want to see this happen to someone else.

Shini_jrj
    Participant

I have an off brand rip off of a nylabone that she hasn’t been able to destroy yet. she will sit and chew on it till she falls asleep with it in her mouth, lol its so cute. We have had that bone now for 6 months and it only has some small teeth marks.

Shini_jrj
    Participant

Thats what my Allie does to tennis balls too

Roxy’s Mommy
    Participant

I ive my baby the biggest nylabond they have that has the knuckles o one end- this will last up to 2 months she only chews on the side without the knuckles Go Figure.  I also give her rope toys as she can destory a small one from target in about 2 days if she feels likes chewing.  I stay away from Rawhide, its bad for your dogs stomache & cause damage to the lining.  My baby dosent like any toys that smell like rubber so Kongs are out for us.  I have found with my chewer she loves rope & nylabones they done smell.  She also likes pigs ears but it upsets her tummy sometimes.  🙂

Roxy’s Mommy
    Participant

I ive my baby the biggest nylabond they have that has the knuckles o one end- this will last up to 2 months she only chews on the side without the knuckles Go Figure.  I also give her rope toys as she can destory a small one from target in about 2 days if she feels likes chewing.  I stay away from Rawhide, its bad for your dogs stomache & cause damage to the lining.  My baby dosent like any toys that smell like rubber so Kongs are out for us.  I have found with my chewer she loves rope & nylabones they done smell.  She also likes pigs ears but it upsets her tummy sometimes.  🙂

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Ouch! That must have been scary. Thanks for the tip on the “Best Ball”. My Herman has scratched up the surface, but so far thats the worst of it. I will definitely be checking the inset plug everytime.

mayjen82
    Participant

yes!  My vet recommended this after my dog needed surgery for a blockage in her intestine caused from eating everthing.  She is a very aggressive chewer and this bone has lasted her about 4 months! Very good purchase

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.