Wow that is crazy. Both of my pits have skin allergies to various things. I see you listed the treatments but nothing about what they thought the cause was. First and foremost food!!! Food is almost 90% of the cause of skin problems. I would recommend a food trial before you spend the money. If you have already tested food I do some someone who rescued a pit and he is actually allergic to humans. Sounds crazy but is actually true. He is also allergice to about everything else you can imagine. They have to give him injections all the time for it just like a human with allergies. I don’t think they went to the $1000 extreme. Keep in mind just like us you can get a second opinon. Its your money so you have every right to do so.