Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Venting about BSL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ttessens
    Participant

Is there anyone that currently resides in Oakland County, MI? I’m asking because I’m very nervous. BSL has been hitting the surrounding cities of my small little town. I’m worried that BSL is going to hit here next. I have just found out that BSL has reared it’s ugly head and has recently passed not even 10 minutes away from my town. This only concerns and angers me even more, why won’t people educated themselves? It isn’t just Pit Bull Breeds that are targeted—any breed that resembles a Pit Bull type dog is at risk. Have these people not bothered to truly look at this crap ‘law?’ Many of their family dogs are also targeted, it isn’t just our beloved pets, it’s also theirs. From my understanding, there are ‘leases’ for Pit Bull breeds, as well as, the ban of owning them. I refuse to muzzle my dog. If BSL comes here, I will not willingly, and falsely admit that I own a vicious dog. He is ANYTHING but the sort. If vicious is considered giving you loads of kisses, happily waging his tail at anyone he meets, being a kind loving animal that loves everyone and every animal he’s met (granted I do still pay very close attention to my dogs communication with me, I am cautious, and I am aware that animal aggression is always possible with any breed of dog), and being very obedient, aiming to please. Butch, is always well behaved when he meets and greets with other people and dogs. As a matter of fact, he is more behaved than most dogs. I do believe it’s very important that he has mannerisms, as I do with all of my dogs. But for him, I’ve really wanted to show people that these animals are beautiful, loving, compassionate, FAMILY dogs. Some people have just decided to abuse and mistreat them. It isn’t fair for the responsible owners, and our AMAZING dogs to be punished because of these horrible people. =[ Thanks for listening to me vent everyone. It just isn’t fair.

I forgot to mention, there is a charity in my area that BSL plans on attending, and I will be there with my dog. Along side other proud Pit Bull owners, showing the beautiful nature of our dogs. 

DiBaskin
    Participant

This is so sad and alarming.  There are humans who are more dangerous then a well trained loved Pitbull.  It breaks my heart to see and hear about what ignorant people are trying to do to this misunderstood Breed.

Kresaera
    Participant

If I lived close to you, Bella and I would proudly stand beside you!  BSL is all over Ohio as well.  They are actually completely illegal to own in some counties.  The neighboring county next to mine actually, so I feel your pain and anxiety.  Everyday I walk Bella and dogs bark at her and she ignores them.  I wish the BSL people and other Pit Bull haters could follow Bella and I on our walks and witness a true family pet instead of what the media portrays our breed to be. 

Good luck at the charity!  Hopefully you can change at least one mind!

Fudge’s_Dad
    Participant

I am in Michigan (downriver) and I just got my pittbull I rescued her went and got her license and the next day on our walk the city animal control officer stopped us and just wanted to check tags. Fudge rolled over and let him rub her belly and she was as friendly as can be. I was asking him about BSL in my area and he said there was talk but it wasnt passed. So i hope that is the same for your city! My mom lives in Oakland county and has a Boxer and has had some problems with people making ignorant remarks. I hope you guys do alright at the charity, and help our breed be better understood!

kendseycollins
    Participant

I agree.  We live a hop-skip-and-jump away from Denver, Co.  I am trying to find a way to start a Pit advocacy group in my home town to try and counteract the negative propoganda that is a result of the BSL in place there.  Kaos is very well socialized, but I constantly look for any posturing or aviodance body language.  I think as responsible Pit owners we have to admit that we have a large responsibility.  Our animals are very powerful and have the capabilities of causing an extreme amount of damage and we need to be mindful of our duties becuase if any one of our beloved animals were to be involved in a fight, even if they weren’t at fault, it will have such horrible results for our breed.  What I don’t get is why poodle owners don’t feel the same need to be mindful of their dogs!!!  So what it their dog isn’t as big as my dog, I don’t want a poodle attacking me!  In fact, one of our relatives was very against us getting a Pit becuse of the kids.  Two weeks after we got Kaos, her poodle, that she’s had for 11 years, bit my daughter on the face becuase she was rolling on the ground trying to play with one of the dogs toys.  We have told our daughter not to pester Bouncer becuase he’s not like Kaos, he doesn’t like little girls playing with his toys.  She was being a kid and was just trying to play fetch with the dog, but I just have to wonder that this person (one of my kids’ grandmothers) could justify scolding my daughter for not leaving her dog alone when my kid had 4 puncture marks on her face!  My Pit tries to THROW his toys at her to get her to play.  Tell me which one should be kept away from my kids!!!!

Yaminpix
    Participant

My dog loves kids too 🙂 isn’t it great? How lucky are we to have such wonderful pets!

Autumnsong
    Participant

If BSL came to my town, I would fight for my dogs right. I’m actually writing a school paper on BSL and ways to stop it. I’m including things about Pitbulls and other picked on breeds.

Autumnsong
    Participant

If BSL came to my town, I would fight for my dogs right. I’m actually writing a school paper on BSL and ways to stop it. I’m including things about Pitbulls and other picked on breeds.

Josh4207987
    Participant

Pitbulls are the best

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  It’s funny.  I wrote a paper about why pits make great pets.  As I hit “send” to turn it in, I realized my dog was missing.  I looked all over the house for him and eventually found him stuck on top of the garage roof.  He climbed out my bedroom window, but was too afraid of heights to jump back in.  I considered sending an amendment to go with my paper.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.