Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Our first visit to the dog park

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Our first visit to the dog park

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vanilla’s_Daddy
    Participant

We took Vanilla to the Dog Park for the first time today and she did GREAT!
    She was friendly to all the people and even made a couple of dog friends. She plays very well with others!

We took Vanilla to the Dog Park for the first time today and she did GREAT!
    She was friendly to all the people and even made a couple of dog friends. She plays very well with others!
    I’ll tell you, this dog is FAST!
    LOL, she’s gonna sleep well tonight!

The people who were there were so nice. They saw us sitting on a bench with Vanilla on her leash and a few of them came over to meet her.
    I just didn’t want to be the new guy who strolled into the dog park for the first time and cut my Pit loose. I thought we should be respectful and wait until approached.

After some petting and chat they they were comfortable enough to tell me “let her loose, she just wants to play”.

It was so nice, they could tell we were nervous new parents. Not only is this our first Pit, it’s our first dog!
    They patiently gave us some pointers and calmed us that growling during play is not always a sign of danger.

Considering that just last night in a nearby town there was a Yorkshire Terrier killed by an unaltered Male Pit that was allowed to roam the neighborhood, these folks were very kind and sympathetic.
    One even said that irresponsible owners like that are why Pits get a bad rap. I almost fell over!

It was a really good day and we plan on going back as often as we can!

Vanilla is now crashed out on the couch next to me snoring away.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.