Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

No muscle tone

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health No muscle tone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    southern_pit79
    Participant

Layla doesnt have any of the muscular features that make pits so beautiful. Her skin is very loose and wrinkled. She is a mix but I dont know what with. She is a complete couch potato and all she wants to do is sleep. I take her on two 30 min walks a day, and that seems to be all she can bare. She was kept in a shelter for almost 5 months. She does seem to come out of her shell the more I walk her. How should i go about increasing her walks without hurting her? Will this give her the tone she should have for a pit? I want her to be healthy….

Alicia_S
    Participant

Try vitamins. They should help with her energy levels and put some stock to her. As far as the walking, try upping the time in small incriments(sp?) Do they have a dog-park anywhere near you? Time at the park is great, it gives both exercise and much needed socialization. Hope this helps.

southern_pit79
    Participant

i havent tried  vitamins, but i have upped her walking time. small just one extra loop not even 10 minutes added. I did take her to a membership park and she loved it!

Alicia_S
    Participant

Good, basically it’s the same rules for a human wanting to gain muscle. Increase your vitamins/nutrients & exercise daily. I don’t know if it’s the same vitamin for dogs as it is humans but the B vitamins are the ones I’d try first. They

• Support and increase the rate of metabolism
    • Maintain healthy skin and muscle tone
    • Enhance immune and nervous system function–Wikipedia is a wonderful thing!
    floridafan49
    Participant

We give Toby a multi-vitamin and fish oil everyday and his food is a high protein food. It’s called “Extreme Dog Fuel” from BassPro. Helps maintain healthy muscles and of course lots of exercise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.