Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

nasty little girl??

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training nasty little girl??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kerrynoel
    Participant

Hey all

So mylittle 3mth old monster has been chewing rawhide bones since the day we got her, but tonight, she got INSANE over the bone & started growling, showing teeth & tried to bite me!!! Is thisevidence of terrible things to come? I have never ever had a little puppy show such crazy tendancies…any advice about how to stop that immediately???

cjbtbone
    Participant

The very first dog my parents had was a golden/lab mix, and he was the sweetest dog ever.  But whenever they gave him a rawhide bone, he got CRAZY protective over it and started growling and all that.  They just refrained from giving him rawhide bones and he was fine.  Is your pup like that with all toys or just rawhides?

kerrynoel
    Participant

She literally JUST (tonight) got like this with rawhide…guess she wont be getting any more rawhide 😉

cjbtbone
    Participant

That would be my advice!  Good luck!

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Resource guarding should be adressed immediatly. Taking the object from her is only a temporary fix. The behavior is conerning in itself. “Claiming” your space and everything in it is important. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating strong handed methods. Simple assertivness is the best way to do this in my opinion. A calm but firm approach, with positive reinforcement at the core of the training is always best. I would humbly suggest you study the issue of “Resource Guarding” and seek a long term solution. Pitbulls are smart and eager to learn. Good Luck. Hope you can get to the root of the problem.

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

I also suggest looking at http://www.positively.com this site is all about positive training.

kerrynoel
    Participant

Thanks everyone 🙂 ill look into all suggestions

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Hope you and your new lil’ one have good times together.

jeanie2011
    Participant

hello i need help teaching my puppy to go outside and potty i take her out 10 to 15 minutes after she eats and she always comes in and uses it on the floor every time i dont no what to do i have done everything i feed her about 5 every night to and take her out she uses it in her cage i made the cage smaller she still does it can any one tell me what i can do thank you

RichnAnna
    Participant

I also believe strong but positive teaching, good luck every dog varies but pits are exceptionally intellegent she won’t disappoint you.  GOOD LUCK

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.