Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

House training our 2 month old puppy.

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training House training our 2 month old puppy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

Hey y’all! We are in the process of house training our 2 month old puppy, Calypso. When we first started she was doing great! Even started going to the door when she had to go out. We’ve only had her for about a week but she seems to be getting worse with the house training. People have told me to rub her nose in her pee and smack her butt, then throw her outside. I don’t hit my kids, and I won’t hit my dog. Any advice on how to get her to go to the door to go outside/let us know she wants to go outside? This is my first time house training a dog! 

VicFaye
    Participant

We just brought this up with our trainer. The dog was doing great for a few weeks and then recently relapsed back into peeing in the house. The trainer was not a proponent of punishing the dog when he goes in the house. Apparently, that makes them feel guilty when they go inside or outside. They don’t know the difference. You can only consistently reward them DURING THE ACTION while they’re going outside. And more importantly, don’t give them the chance to go inside. Take them out as frequently as possible and put them in the crate when you can’t watch them. That was his advice and it’s working out for us.

In general, there’s going to be accidents for the first few months though. That’s been my experience with all my puppies.

romama81
    Participant

Our Daisy was almost totally house trained for the first 3 weeks after we got her.  Since we had her spayed, she has regressed horribly.  She is now 6 months old and everytime we leave there are accidents in the crate, everytime we are home, she pees and poops in the floor.  We are mopping the floor 2-3 times a day at this point.  Any suggestions?

jesse2009
    Participant

GIVE UR DOG TIME, SHE IS ONLY 2 MONTH. I TOOK MY DOGS OUT EVERY HALVE HOUR TO GET THEM TO GO OUTSIDE AND SOMETIMES THEY HAVE ACCIDENTS.THAS PART OF PUPPY TRAINING. MY LAB THAT IS  A LITTLE OVER A YEAR GETS CRATED WHEN NO ONE IS HOME (AND MY PIT BULL (ADOPTED STRAY) IS ALSO GETTING CRATED) give it time it will work out fine

kalinkacs
    Participant

You can try a cage training. Just put your puppy in there while you are gone and for the night. As soon as you come home or wake took the dog out( do not let him play around untill you take him outside) Usually works pretty good and you can stop using the cage after that if you dont want to.

Also, you can just watch the puppy carefully and as soon as he starts to look for the place for toilet take him out. In any case, it takes more than a week to train the dog.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.