Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Dry Skin help needed

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health Dry Skin help needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ChloesPOP
    Participant

Hey all I am new to this forum and a new Bully owner. I recently took in a 6 year old female named Chloe. She is a very loving and friendly dog. But she had developed dry skin. We feed her Beneful dry food. The food is inriched to help keep coat shiney. Have heard there is a vitamen that helps out with dry skin. If anyone knows what I can do to elp Chloe please let me know.

Thanks

Duane

ttessens
    Participant

I have a 7 month old mixed Bull Staffie, who also has dry skin. We’ve switched to feeding him Natures Choice puppy formula, it’s all natural and has oatmeal in it. It really has helped with his dry skin. =]

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

I hope you and your new Pitbull buddy have a great life together.

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Skin issues are common in pitbulls. Allergies are a problem for this breed. Even something as simple as overgrooming. A pitbull’s skin can get dried out from too much bathing, which removes their natural skin oil. I use a gentle, oatmeal based shampoo for my pitbull Herman, who has similar issues. I hope some of this helps you. Good luck and Congrats on your new family member!

justagrrrl
    Participant

is this dry skin accompanied by itchiness? my previous pit mix had horrible skin allergies which caused not only excess dander, but also constant itching and hair loss. if this is the case a prescription food might be needed (your vet can recommend the best for your circumstances), otherwise the previous posts offer much help. best of luck to you and your new baby!!!

Roxy’s Mommy
    Participant

Duane,

Congrats on the new edition to your family.  I have a 5.5 year old female pit/boxer.  She has had a skin condition for 4 years now.  I found a website re dog food that rated all foods with stars to what is good & what is bad.  Beneful is what I used to feed my baby, I found it its really bad, I switched to Canade Beef-Fish Meal.  Roxy’s coat is alot more shiney & soft.  I guess the food really helped she dosent itch as much.  Also I use Earthbath Tea Tree Oil/Aloe it helps with her scratching.  Check with your vet to see if she might have a yeast infection, they can get this all over or if she just has dry skin.  Good Luck to you. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.