Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Chewing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Luckysmom
    Participant

Hello

I have had Lucky for approx. 1 month, he was 4 mo. old rescue.  He is a wonderful dog, and we really haven’t had any major issues.  The one issue I am experiencing with him, is that he is crate for hours at a time, in a hard rubber crate that is big enough for him.  I’ve wanted to put a cushioned bed, or comforter in with him, but he chews them to shredds and then eats the stuffing.  I have put a bath mat (towel) in there, but thats not much cushioning for him, any suggestions?

He also likes to pull all the fuzz off of tennis balls and eat that, can this hurt him, or is it just digested?

Thanks in advance for the help!

NuMBeR SiCkS
    Participant

Trying to look at it from the Dog’s perspective.  He is probably just bored.  I found anytime I left my girl alone during those first few years symphony of destruction would start playing and I would come home to a house full of fuzz.  I think its similar to the way people will bite their nails or pick at scabs when they get bored.  I tried getting her chew toys and stuff but destroying her bedding seems to ussually win out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.