Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

BSL questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amberc922
    Participant

Hey everyone. I am starting this thread to see what people have to say about BSL. I myself live in Ohio where it is actually written in our state law. I have read that we are the only state that has done so. I am pretty sure that other states have BSL. I was just curious as to different restrictions and how some of you feel about it. I will tell you straight up I hate it. There was a case in Toldeo Ohio where the Ohio Supreme Court ruled BSL unconstiutional. Did it change anything? Hell no. I beleive it to be inhumane to the animals, some of the stuff they require you to do. So if you live where there is BSL does law enforcement strongly enforce it or if not do you follow it (please be honest I’m not a cop or looking to get you in trouble).

Amber

bearxfoo
    Participant

There are no other entire “state wide” bans on ‘pit bulls’ in the nation. All other bans are city wide ordinances which are purposed and maintained on a city basis, not state level. So yes, Ohio is the only state in the nation that has an entire state wide ban on a particular type of dog.

amberc922
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification so is that not crazy then? I never knew about these things until I reasearched the breed and bought Kira. The good and bad is I am not one to keep my mouth shut sometimes. So maybe I should move lol. Just kidding!

abbraus
    Participant

I’d say fight it!!!!!! 😀 thats the best way to go about it! I know it’d be hard, but research would be your best friend in this situation. Check the internet and ask people, and work on persuading people about pit bulls. Then go to court and fight…:D Personally I believe that there should be a law for all breeds, such that they have to be a good citizen, if not then something should happen too the dog. Also I think whoever owns a dog should have to go to obedience classes and have to pass. There are sooooo many bad dogs that aren’t even pit bulls. It’s annoying how pit bulls are the only ones effected. :- But yea I would definitely say fight it! That is wrong what you have to put up with!

amberc922
    Participant

Thank you for the support. I feel horrible that I can’t walk my dogs regularly because they have to be all muzzled up and bull**** like that. I always say when people bring it up that would you want your mouth wrapped up so you can’t breath properly and walk around getting hot? Exactly so shut up! I watched the Dayton news the other night and thier was a man in government there that doesn’t beleive in BSL and blames the owners and they need to be more responsible not breed selecting.

abbraus
    Participant

yea exactly….the dog is only as good as the owner. and the things about pit bulls no matter how bad there past was, they will bounce back and have potential to be loving and caring. Its amazing that a dog can do that and not humans. thats why my favorite show is pit bulls and parolees because she always believes in second chances and for everyone and everything. So why can’t people give these dogs or any dogs a second chance. they all have the same chance to fight, the pit bulls unfortunately had stupid owners that thought itd be fun to fight them and now there genetics hold this bad gene! that makes me so made how stupid humans can be, and how smart the dogs are.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.