Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

BSL in Batesville, AR

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Current Events BSL in Batesville, AR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raisins mom
    Participant

I don’t live in this area, but it scary to see laws like this. Everytime I see these articles I just cringe. I feel fortunate to live where I do. As a matter of fact one of our shelters is doing Pitbull Awareness month and heavily promoting pitbulls all month.

Just for information for those who live in this area and may not of heard what is going on.

http://www.adoa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2956:batesville-ar-pit-bull-ban-on-agenda-oct-12&catid=51&Itemid=200060

SinfulVixen
    Participant

Wow what a strict law…

(4) Any dog whose sire or dam is a dog of a breed which is defined as a banned breed under this section.

(6) Any dog conforming or substantially conforming to the breed of American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier as defined by the United Kennel Club or American Kennel Club.

These 2 are really bad. Because of looks, your family mutt may fall under such guidelines and in turn be banned. What a shame =( Glad I live in NY…

raisins mom
    Participant

That is why I am glad I live in CA. In my condo’s where I live I am one of two people who own a pitbull. In a community of around 88 units that isn’t bad, esp since not many people own dogs. We have problems here with bad owners I hear it on the phone everyday. The other issue we have is people picking this breed and not wanting to do the work. It is not uncommon to see people walking their pittys around our downtown area. There is also a responsible pitbull owners meetup group that does weekly group walks and really try to promote the good owners and pitbulls. Really glad I am here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.