Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Advise about getting a pitbull

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Advise about getting a pitbull

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tiff8588
    Participant

My dog just recently passed and i have been thinking about getting a puppy. I have always wanted a pitbull the are such beautiful dogs,so i went online to find out more about them. Almost everywhere i looked it said they are dog- agressive and i was just wondering if anyone had other dog along with the pitbull and have had no trouble because my boyfriend is moving in with me and he has a pekeniese and i really want to get a pitbull but i am afriad that it will be agressive toward the other dog. Some people tell me it all on how it is trained others say that it’s their insticint i figured since this place is all about pit bulls i would be better off finding  an answer on here

I have a 2year old pit that I rescued when she was 3 months old.I also have 3 cats,and everyone I know has dogs,cats,or both.I am a groomer, and Lillie has been socialized since I got her.She is basically “dog tolerant”,and has lots of doggie friends that she grew up with.I have a woman I groom for,and she has a 2 yr. old pit,a 2yr. old yorkie,and a 6month old yorkie that all get along well.The best thing to do is always supervise your dogs,socialize from day one with other dogs,and any other animals that you can.And,probably the most important things are:always leash your dog,and steer clear of dog parks(only because if anything happens,your dog will most likely be blamed,even if they didn’t do anything).But,it is absolutely possible that your dogs will get along,especially if one is a puppy,and raised with other animals.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.