In May of this year, a list of the top ten dog friendly cities was released. Cities were ranked by quality of dog-friendly accommodations, transportation, beaches, parks, attractions, stores, dining and other things to do with your dog. Do you live in one of these top-rated dog friendly cities? Or perhaps visited any?
1) San Diego - Said to have the best dog boutique hotels and best beaches for canines. An abundance of hiking trails, clean parks, and great year-round weather make this city number one.
2) Portland(OR) - Fantastic parks and the well-known Rose Gardens make this town a top contender. Enjoy a meal or drink at the Lucky Lab with your dog (s).
3) Austin - Plenty of outdoor dining for you and your canine friend to enjoy. Fabulous walking trails and off-leash parks.
4) Northern Virginia - Cruises just for your dog and dining at yappy hour make Old Town Alexandria a popular area to bring man's best friend.
5) San Fransisco - an seemingly endless amount of off-leash dog beaches and designated areas make this town another top choice. There are many places to shop and dine with your pup at your side.
6) Boston - Walk Freedom Trail and stay at one of many pet friendly hotels. Lots of historic sites for you to enjoy while out and about with your dog.
7) Orlando - Said to have opulent pet friendly resorts, Orlando also has excellent dining, shopping, and concerts.
8) Salt Lake City - Walk the popular downtown area or visit an amusement or historical park. An overall enjoyable city to have a dog in.
9) Charleston(SC) - Take a ghost tour or visit one of the many historical plantations. A unique but solid choice of town for living with a dog or two.
10) New York - Glamorous hotels, notoriously great shopping, and plenty of outdoor dining available for you and your pet. Don't forget about Central Park; a fantastic place to walk your canine on or off leash.
Honorable Mentions: Anchorage, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, San Antonio