Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Too sensitive?

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training Too sensitive?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Okiepitluvr
    Participant

We’ve had our 1 1/2 year old pit for a year  she was a rescue.  No problems, really smart, easy to train, very sweet, eager to please.  She is SOO sensitive!  If our smaller dogs get scolded she runs and hides in the bathroom.  It’s VERY hard to convince her she’s not in trouble.  She just completed beginner agility & did great but I have to be VERY careful if I have to correct her, she just acts devastated & it takes a long time to get her over it.  I’m wondering if this might be related to something that happened before we got her.  Has any one else run into this?  One of the obedience trainers we went to early on said they hadn’t seen a dog that sensitive before (although she was awesome in obedience too!).  I’d appreciate ANY suggestions! Thanks!

your dogs sensitivity is not likely caused by its past. Pitbulls are VERY sensitive dogs, and often wear their feelings on their sleeve. i have had my pitbull soldier since he was a month old puppy and he  is now 7 years old. Although there is rarely ever a need to disciplin him or correct him at this age, he gets very pouty if i dont give him MOST of my time and attention. your pitbulls actions are pretty common, even among dogs who were raised properly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.