Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Talking Down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    amberc922
    Participant

I wanted to post this because I feel this site is getting crappy for the poor talking about dog parks and telling people they are stupid for taking their dogs there or even thinking about it. It is a free country and if you wann take your dog to a dog park and you know the risks then do it its your dog and your life. I have two pits and wouldn’t trade them for the world. I work 5 days a week 8hrs a day. When I get home they need to play because they are crated during the day. Some things are extreme when it comes to pits I know and understand that. My two are crated because of separation anxitey they feel the need to destroy my house when I’m gone. I love their beds though. I live in Ohio where it is mandtory to mussle them when they are out in public and they have to be on a steel chain leash when being walked. I can’t hold on to that chain it would kill my hand and I’m sorry but if I seen two muscular dogs walking towards me mussled and all chain ganged up I would think man those dogs must be mean. I do not follow this law because I know my dogs and when we walk people love to come up and ask to pet them. They LOVE the attention. A good advocate for the breed is not going to scare people to death by saying your dog will be the problem at a dog park and if you know the types of dogs that are there you should know your dog well enough to know what types of energies they get along with if not then work on that not banning them from dog parks. Come on people. I use to enjoy reading posts on here and helping people with questions they had. It was nice to learn about each others dogs and things now it is just annoying to get on and read the same crap of people yelling about others because they just don’t know the breed and all that hoopla. If you like to be the tough guy know it all then go to pit bull chat website and talk there where everyone talks like they know it all.

BigRedTJ
    Participant

So you are saying you willfully break the law with not muzzling your dog under Ohio law and you are acting aggressive towards other members of the board because they have a different opinion them yours I suppose that sums it up

amberc922
    Participant

Me Acting agressive towards other member HAHA! Thats a good one. Yeah you can say I break the law OMG! Do you speed when you drive? Oh well that is breaking the law too. Back off. Did I say your name in the post NO! I haven’t yelled at anyone or told them they were crazy, dumb or stupid for doing things with their dogs! Yeah you can have your own opinion but how long does it have to be draged out really! So I post my opinon and you had such a lovely response Thank you.

bearxfoo
    Participant

In the thread you’re referring too, no body yelled or talked down to anybody else. They simply disagreed and gave their reasoning for so. And most of what I said was ignored anyway, no body even wanted to acknowledge that dog parks are dangerous for all dogs.

I think people have to take in stride their opinions and realize that somebody else is probably going to disagree.

BigRedTJ
    Participant

Bearxfoo excellent post! I never attacked anyone just posted my views on the subject in question. That being said no I do not break the law or speed as you say. I am by no means perfect but I don’t go out of my way to create a post souly wine about other people. You have your opinion and I have mine but being upset that some other people have differing veiws followed up with cited information. We are all adults let’s be mature adults and have a civil conversation instead of having a fit when someone dosen’t agree with you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.