Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Supplemants/Viatmins

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health Supplemants/Viatmins

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ericas918
    Participant

I hate to admit it and it’s breaking my heart but I’ve recently begun seeing the all too clear signs of aging in my baby girl Rosie.  It’ll be 4 years in November since we adopted her.  When we got her the vet guessed that she was between 2 and 3 years of age, according to teeth and gum line.  She was the average 2-3 year old dog, calming down a bit but still had that puppy playfulness and spunk to her.  So we’re guessing she’s about 6 or 7 now, again not 100% sure, but we’ve noticed recently that she’s showing early signs of cataracts disease and she’s also begun slowing down.  It seems lately she’s having a hard time climbing the stairs after getting in from a walk.  I’m not talking about an hour + long walk, our walks are usually in the 30min range but I guess its enough where she’s sore and has a hard time at the stairs.  It really is the hardest thing to watch them struggle like that.  But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for supplements or vitamins that I could start her on.  We also have a 3 year old Boxer/Pit mix that the vet says we’re going to have to watch for hip and joint displacement and arthritis in her later years.  So we’d like to start her on some supplements as well to help give her a fighting chance.  Any thoughts/advice?   

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.