Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Spaying my pit bull puppy Kacie!!

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Spaying my pit bull puppy Kacie!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cherxxjem
    Participant

Any advice for post-spay care and info on spaying in general? I am a worried mama and it’s my first year owning a pit bull 🙂
    Thanks!!!

superlative87
    Participant

they are gonna give you those huge cone things to put on and depending on your dog she may be ok without it. she just cant bite the stitches, licking is ok.
    the only real problem i had was that my bed was high up. and its really important for them to lay down. I brought a blanket from home to lay down in the car to pick her up than brought it inside for her to lay on the floor and be more relaxed.
    ALSO its gonna be hard but no food the nite before. Mary Jane found some kibbles somewhere and ended up throwing up during the surgery..
    Usually everything goes smoothly just keep the environment calm and she should sleep off the meds soon and in a day or two when she wants to get up and play keep her busy with a bone :]

Taana
    Participant

Beastley broke the cone of shame shortly after having it placed on his head. He did not like it and it made him more upset with it on. This may sound crazy but we placed a pair of underpants on him leaving the areas open that needed to be (or cut an opening) he did look funny but it worked. He was less stressed and we kept him crated for the most part with toys and food. In th end it will all work out just be cautious for running/jumping. Good luck.

Crystalashley627
    Participant

They never even gave my bobo a cone. I was shocked that they wouldn’t give a 6 month old a cone but it was 125 with medication included so I couldnt complain too much. We bought him little boy undies also thinking that would keep him away but he would wiggle out of them but surprisingly Bo was perfect with his stitches, he didnt bite them at all he probably licked them once when he finally got to sit down and could take a look at them but we just told him no and he didnt touch it at all for the rest of the healing. Getting your girl spayed might be more painful though and its easier to rip stitches out for her but I hope she handles it well. ..and they are in pain so give them their medication in a fun way for them, if its okay for them to have food with their meds wrap it in peanut butter and bread, or cheese or whatever your dog personally likes really. Good luck and its good that you realize the importance of spaying and neutering!

JessicaMoreno
    Participant

Love. My Marley was so lethargic after her neuter, she just looked so tired! We just cuddled with her until she recovered from the surgery and after we took it easy for a few days. Good luck with your pup!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.