Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Is something wrong..

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training Is something wrong..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ewstephy
    Participant

I do what alot of people say and I ignore my pup when she start playing too rough,(walk away, no eye contact.) sometimes I forget to make the yelping noise, but I try to remember to.

I do what alot of people say and I ignore my pup when she start playing too rough,(walk away, no eye contact.) sometimes I forget to make the yelping noise, but I try to remember to.
    but, whenever I do this she just walks away with her head down and lays in the corner and well, kind of ignores me. She doesn’t even try to get me to play with her again half the time.

am I doing something wrong, or is there anything else I can do?

This response from her kind of worries me.

Daryl Lim
    Participant

I guess you’ll have to personally make real friends with her like you would with another human. Keep her acknowledged and show her special concern, maybe play with her.

Essentially, you should treat her just like a friend.

amberc922
    Participant

I wouldn’t be overly concerned you are doing something wrong. She probably is one that wears her feelings on her shoulder. The only thing I would recommend is don’t baby her too much when she pouts after you teaching her being to rough and biting is not allowed. It could turn against you later on. One thing about this breed I have noticed is babying them is not a good thing because they are so powerful. I’m not saying they will turn on you or anyone at all thats not what its about. I’m saying that they learn to maniupulate you so easy to get away with bad behaviors its not funny. Sometimes my two have tried it in the past and have learned now that dont’ fly. Keep in mind though that timid scared dogs can bite because they are frightened. That is any dog not just pits any dog will do that. She just needs to learn to trust you give it time she will.

Amber

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.