Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Seeking input

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

Hi all!

First post. I became I big fan of Pit Bulls after my daughter rescued a brindle male from a shelter over a year ago.  I was skeptical at first but the more I learned about the breed and the more I saw him and saw how devoted, loyal and loving he is to my daughter I was won over.

He is almost two, smart, knows basic commands, and housebroken…. well that is until recently.

Recently my daughter is acting as a foster home/owner for a 9 month blue fawn female whose owner was deployed to Aghanistan. He couldn’t find any one to take the dog and was going to put her in a shelter. Hearing that my daughter stepped up. Now she has her hands full trying to train a very spirited, and smart puppy.

The dogs seem to get along and play well together. Usually she will crate the pup when she is out . Sometimes she will rotate.

The problem has come up that her dog has regressed to peeing and crapping in the house, even after going out. I saw this myself this past week. The dogs were playing and he just stops and craps right by(almost on ) my daughter. After I took him out for a walk we came in side and shortly after he peed on a bag/pile of clothes in her room!

So what gives with this behavior? Is he trying to mark his territory? Dominance? Acting out? Jealousy?  He had accidents in the past but were far and few in between. So why now? Does the new pup play into this in any way?

Suggestions to pass on will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

jesse2009
    Participant

is the male dog “fixed”? my dog started to do that and it was better after he got fixed. Terretory-yes, defenatly.jealousy-yes. a little of all.Make more trips outside, if he messes in the house=right out side, might have to get him fixed

he is showing that its his territory and could also be jealous..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.