Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Roxy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    angelbaby
    Participant

Hi all! We adopted Roxy from our neghbors son back in December and she has been a wonderful addition to our family but recently I have notcied that she lays by her food bowl and shakes. I don’t know why she does this, does anyone have any idea what might be causing her to do that?

southern_pit79
    Participant

she may have a food alergy, its common in pits. What are you feeding her?

kendseycollins
    Participant

Huh.  That’s a new one by me!  Kaos is such a piggy I can’t immagine him even looking at his food before eating, much less taking the time to lay down by it!  Is Roxy still eating and drinking ok?  Is she having diarrhea or any other side effects?

angelbaby
    Participant

We feed her Dog Chow I never thought of a food allergy guess I’ll have to make an appointment with the vet.

angelbaby
    Participant

Rocky is still eating and drinking just fine she has had no diarrhea or anything else but for what ever reason she’ll lay right next to her food bowl and shake.

kendseycollins
    Participant

Well, I’m not positive, but, if she’s not having any other adverse effects, I would say that it’s more of a psychological thing that a physical probelm.  Try moving her bowls to a different location in the house and see if that changes anything.  Do you leave food for her all day, or feed her at specific times of day?  If she normally browses all day, try picking up her food and feeding her only at certain times.  If the problem persists after you change physical setting and routine, or if she begins not eating/drinking or having diarrhea, then I would deffinately call your vet as there could be something really wrong.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.