Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Questions on DA

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training Questions on DA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MatildaRockoMom
    Participant

I’m getting conflicting information on different sites, and would like to try and clarify. I have 2 bullies, and an afghan hound. We have lived in peace for 4 years now (I recently lost another afghan hound to cancer (female) and the pup was taught to be very respectful from the beginning. I have done training with all of them, the one I had from a pup went to advanced training, and does agility. I am under the impression that if I don’t tolerate DA, under any circumstances, it’s less likely to occur. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very cautious when we’re around other dogs, they are always crated when I’m away, there are no exceptions. I am the pack leader, and everyone knows it. My female will not go through a door, in the car, on the bed without first getting consent from me. I am considering adding another pitbull pup (male), and I’m wondering if this is going to be a problem 2 years down the road. I know there is no way of knowing, but if he’s socialized, trained, and neutered is it still likely to happen? I’m giving this very careful consideration, as we have such an easy, peaceful atmosphere right now. But I’m afraid if we wait too long to add a pup (my other afghan is getting quite old), the female would be less tolerant as she gets older.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.