Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

puppy depression

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BruzersMama
    Participant

hi all

I just adopted a new member into my family, an almost 4 month old half blue half red nose pittie boy.  he is used to being with his parents and 2 siblings that hadn’t bbeen sold yet and since having him home a few days he seems sad 🙁 any adice on making his transition easier? thanks all

kendseycollins
    Participant

Some of this is just natural.  One of the things you’ll find is that pits are very, shall we say, clingy.  They quickly bond with the people or person who cares for them.  He may be a little down at first, if he has troubles at night try a warm water bottle wrapped in something fuzzy.  The warmth and something to cuddle up with will comfort him. I don’t suggest you do what we did and let him get in the habit of sleeping on the bed with you.  They grow up fast and become TERRIBLE bed hogs!  Kaos spent the night last night on his back, all fours in the air, squashed between my husband and I, for all the world like a little kid after a bad dream.  At any rate, just love on him and let him adjust.  He will soon be following you EVERYWHERE and crying if he can’t.  You don’t need to worry about him missing his mother and siblings for too long, he will love you wholeheartedly in a matter of weeks.  It’s very characteristic of the breed, part of the reason we all love them so much.

BruzersMama
    Participant

well it has now been 11 days since getting BJ.  he has tuurned into such a good boy, just started really playing and running and “smiling”. he now knows verbal and hand commands after a few short days of working with him.  he is well behaved and I couldn’t ask for a better pup 🙂

kendseycollins
    Participant

Yay!!  That’s awesome.  🙂 They are super quick to pick things up, just strong headed at times.  I’m glad everything is working out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.