Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

please help! :(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jenrosales
    Participant

hello everyone!

just need a lil advice.

so i recently moved about a month ago….i didnt go far just across the street..lol. anyway before we moved me and my boyfriend use to hear a dog constantly barking..but mostly talked about how unusual his bark was (sounds like the dogs saying “yep yep yep” over and over again very high pitched…weird ) but since we werent so close it didnt bother us. welllll now its a different story because suprise im now right next door! :/ like we literally share a gate…and not only is that dog constantly barking but they have many!! all chained up in different sections of their yard..about 5 in the back yard and one in the front and two that run around. they all bark almost all day driving not only us crazy but our poor babies (my two pits) as well.. who just sit there and stare at them then want to come inside..what should i do?..i dont want to fight  or argue with the neighbor at all but i dont think its fair to have to deal with it all day everyday. I hardly see them. and when i do i see there kids only..so any advice on what i should do?

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

My humble advice is to talk to the owners of the problem barkers. If that doesn’t work, get video if possible, of the dogs barking at different times of the day. That may help your case if you need to call your local Animal Control officers.

kendseycollins
    Participant

I agree, you should absolutely approach the owners with a very mellow attitude.  However, if they are ureceptive, it’s all about documentation.  Start recording when and for how long you hear the dogs barking.  Either take clips of it on your cell, or just consistantly write the information down.  Do this for a week or two then, talk to your local law enforcement or animal control and present your evidence.  If you suspect abuse or neglect you can do the same thing.  It sounds silly that written evidence has more weight than your word, but it means that you have put the time and effort in to accurately track the problem behavior.  This is how we got custody of my kids, too 🙂  They will be given warnings and your name will be kept out of it.  If you continue to hear the barking, do the same thing and call in again with your evidence.  It’s a little time consuming, but in the end, much more effective than just calling and complaining.

jenrosales
    Participant

well thank you both so much on your advice!
    i actually talked to my neighbors a week or so ago about it and turns out they rented a room to someone who brought there dogs, and is soon moving out. there very understanding and have controlled there dogs much better..i just think they were bored being chained up all day! (poor things) so things have changed and me and my pitties are much happier :]

kendseycollins
    Participant

That’s very good news! I love it when things can be solved peacefully.  And I love happy pits! We have a dog next door that terrorizes my pit.  This dog is an inside dog and EVERY time his owners bring him out for a walk he comes out swingin.  They use a harness and he comes out barking and standing straight up on his hind two legs.  We finally nicknamed him Superman because he thinks he’s invinceable.  His name is Coco and he is ready and willing to go toe to toe with Kaos every day.  Kaos usually just watches him for a minute, then comes back inside. It would be very irritating that they allow their dog to chase my poor pit back inside his own home, except that this dog is a toy poodle.  His owners have apologized several times for his behavior and they love that Kaos is so well behaved.  We just sit and laugh, only I think it’s started a neighborhood uprising, the teacup chiwhawha across the street and the minpin cross behind us have both gotten a little big for their britches.  Every time Kaos sees them he hides behind my legs.  It’s getting embarrassing. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.