Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Pit Bulls….Vicious?!…hahaha

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Pit Bulls….Vicious?!…hahaha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    abbraus
    Participant

Yea so as most…actually all of you know pit bulls really aren’t vicious at all, go figure! So today I was volunteering at my local humane society, and they just got in this pit bull, the big muscular ones, with the big heads and what not. Yea, well one of the actual employees took him for a walk, and then when he came back inside, he called me over. He wanted to get the pit bull used to different people. As soon as I sat down the pit bull attacked me…with kisses, and wouldn’t stop, and then he sat on my lap. Yea I can really see why people are afraid of them?! Not!!! But supposedly the pit bull would kind of growl at meeting new people, he never did that with me, nor did it look like he did that with the other employees. But yea, that just made me want to get a pit bull even more! I wish I could have him, but I can’t…yet! He still has no name but we were thinking between Chuck or Moose, whichever he responds to more. But anyways, thats my story, that a lot of people already know about Pit Bulls!

houch105
    Participant

the first time i saw my daughters pit i thought what have you got this dog for you stupid girl ,i thought this dog is a killer how wrong i was we had to look after it for a week and i couldnt believe how loving she was she would sleep on the floor beside my bed at night and follow me everywhere all her pit wanted was lots of fuss and love ,iv seen a few more pits and see how happy they were to be around humans so when my daughters dog had puppys i had to have one and im so glad i did i love my bailey to bits shes just a great big softy who loves laying behind me on my chair licking my ear , its such a shame that im breaking the law here in the uk by owning her as pits are a banned breed but i say sod our uk law shes my baby and im keeping her.

amberc922
    Participant

Right on girl. Its sucks and can be stressful to be breaking the law cause you don’t wanna be that kind of person but when they are descriminating you kind of have too. People say America is the Land of the Free but Ohio (where I live) has it actually written in their state law that pit bull type dogs are deemed “vicious”. I live in the only state that has the law written in our state laws. Other states here have ordiances and bans on the breed but they are only in certain cities or counties not the entire state. I somewhat have a double whammy because my city has an ordiance on top of the states. ERRRRRRR! However I do get by with just the stat law because even though my address is Lima I don’t live in the city limits I live 3blocks north of it whew! If you get a chance look up Ohio BSL regulations for the US and you will see what I mean. The ridiculous crap I have to do to walk my wonderful pitties. Granted you can’t be seen with yours outside. I’m sorry for that. I meant the law standards for the state minus I don’t muzzle them when they are on walks or in public because I feel it is cruelty to animals. My thoughts to law makers on that one is you wrap something around your head so you can’t open your mouth and breath properly especially on a 80 or 90 degree day and tell me how it feels!!!!

houch105
    Participant

our law was brought in by a goverment minister whos friend was bitten by a pit and took advice from a vet who has publicly said they dont know about pits so thanks to a vet and minister who know nothing about them im breaking the law and could get a 3000 gbp fine and 2 years in prison for owning a banned dog id drives me mad that i can only take bailey out at night just in case some one reports me .

abbraus
    Participant

Awww…both of your stories make me sad 🙁 I’m sorry that the UK will not let you have pit bulls. I actually just saw dogs 101 on pit bulls and they said that. Best part is Pit Bulls were started in the UK,Ireland, and Scotland. It’s a sad day when people have to discriminate against everything that they fear! By boyfriend last summer almost got his cheek ripped off by an Australian Shepherd! That was scary. Luckily in Wisconsin, there aren’t too many pit bull laws, and where I go to college I have seen a couple of pit bulls, they are always excited to see people. Everything I read about the pit bull is they LOVE humans and if they show any aggression they should be put down.

Oh…and houch105 that is really sad that because one person got bit by a pit bull, and the vet didn’t know anything about them, he decided to ban them. I know its hard when someone gets bit, but there is no need to ban that dog. I know pit bulls have strong bite, but its the owners fault. I really wish there was a way I could help both of you to get the bans off these dogs! If you’d like I could ask how one of the employees at the humane society got the ban off pit bulls where I live? Sorry this is kind of long…but let me know if you want me to check into that 😀 It might take awhile to get the info, but I would love to help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.