Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

pit bull/lab mix….what to expect?

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion pit bull/lab mix….what to expect?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ljimenez
    Participant

posting

DaeDreamer
    Participant

Thank you for the comments.  I’ve had many dogs in my life, but the only other one I’ve had that got protective of his food like that was a Jack Russell Terrier.  Because Shadow is a lot bigger and stronger, it scares me more.  I tried what Chris suggested and it worked pretty well.  But I’m still scared to leave the little dogs out with Shadow when I’m not there. I’ve seen where the “Dog Whisperer” takes them on walks together so they feel like a pack.  I think I’ll try that next. 

gus’ people
    Participant

I was so happy to find these postings. We adopted what we thought was a black lab from a shelter two months ago and just found out today that he’s half pit bull. I have three small children and one on the way in a few weeks. Gus is six months old and a very good puppy. Unusually smart, likes to chew, chases the cat, goes bonkers on Sunday when my husband doesn’t take him to run at work, all the things everyone else has written, but gentle with the kids and very affectionate. My first thought on realizing that he’s a pit bull is that we’d have to find him another home, no question. But your posts are so encouraging.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.