Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

pink bumps all over bell,smells, losing air

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health pink bumps all over bell,smells, losing air

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

Hey Guys I have a pitbull black lab mix and i had been noticeing these pinks bumps on his belly. They first started as bumps than now some of them are getting like a white dry look to them. Also I noticed that some of his hair he is loseing by his back legs looks like dots and some on the sides under his belly, Also i noticed that he kind of has this oder that comes back after i shower him? Please help!!! I dont have any money to take him to the vet so i was just seeing if there was something i can do???????

susieq
    Participant

It’s allergeries, My dog had the same problem, I tried every thing and nothing would work then I started giving her fish oil softgel once a day with her food and it’s a miracle. I had her on expensive dog food (Blue Buffalo) then they changed to some “New & improved formua” that she was allergic to so I put her one Purina “sensitive system” it is made with salmon instead of beef, chicken or lamb and it’s the best stuff I’ve come acrossed but I can only find it at Petrsmart. I hope this help you.

jesse2009
    Participant

this could be mange and if not treated will get really bad. Have a credit card? go to the vet!

HEC
    Participant

I was hoping someone would respond because my pit/boxer gets red bumps on his belly too. He had one on his ear that turned white and dry. He’s been to the vet and they said the red bumps on belly and lose of hair on legs was an allergy problem. The bump that turned white was like some other bump wart type things he has, but they aren’t white. They are just weird bumps. Ive had some of them checked because my dog has had cancer twice. You could try an allergy shampoo, and if he’s itchy, give Benedryl. You can give 1 pill per 25 lbs. I give my pittie 2 Bendryls 2x/day. He is 60 lbs. 

Blueberry
    Participant

My new adopted pit bull has the same problem – pink spots on her belly and ‘nether-regions’ that get dry and flaky after a few days, funny smell like cat spray that won’t go away.  The smell seems to come mainly from around the back of her neck, but I don’t think it’s her collar.  She also has the pink spots all over her back and a few on her chest, but these are harder to see because the fur is thicker – she also scratches them so they bleed.  Poor girl is so itchy all the time! Her paws are also inflamed and bleed sometimes (but I think that’s more of an ongoing problem – the itchy spots are somewhat new).

I think it’s either:

Her new food, which is Taste of the Wild ‘Pacific Stream’ (the salmon one) – she has allergies and doesn’t eat anything else at all

Her shampoo, with which I bathe her twice a week: Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Shampoo

Her blanket, which I washed for the first time last week with regular Arm & Hammer detergent

(The food switch and the blanket wash happened at about the same time, incidentally when I first noticed more bumps.)

Kaylamike5, what kind of food are you giving your pit bull?  I’m going to keep Blueberry on her Pacific Stream for a while and see if things improve, but if they don’t, I think I’m going to have to start cooking her food from scratch.

In the meanwhile, if your dog is itchy get some cortisone cream and some Benadryl caplets.  That doesn’t take care of the problem, but at least he’ll feel better while you figure it out. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.