Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Peeing inside of house after being trained to go outside.

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training Peeing inside of house after being trained to go outside.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sashababy
    Participant

Sasha started peeing inside the house when she gets upset, left alone, don’t get enough attention, when my son left for college, etc. I have tried crating her when I am gone, but she does it any time. I let her out in the morning, when I get home, many times during the afternoon, evening, and night before bed. She goes on my area rugs, in the bed, etc.

I also have a 13 year old sheltie/brittany spaniel who never has used the bathroom in the house, unless she was sick. She has now started urinating when Sasha has gone. I think the cat is during the same thing.

I have had my area rugs cleaned by a professional to get the urine smell out. I want to know what I can do to prevent her from doing it again? If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

I was told to spray the area rugs when I get them back with White Vinegar and water combination. Does anyone know if this will work. I am told it will prevent her from going where I have sprayed.

raisins mom
    Participant

Did this just start happening ? Is your dog suffering from seperation anxiety? If that is a possibility you could go to your vet and see what types of medications are available to ease your dogs stress when home alone.

I don’t know if the white vinegar will work on your rugs I do add it to my laudry when I was the dogs bed covers and blankets tho.

sashababy
    Participant

Thank you.

chic_pr
    Participant

I own a carpet cleaning company. You can use a 50-50 white vinegar and water mixture to cover the scent so the dog doesn’t want to go there again, but I still recommend having it cleaned soon after because it can turn into brown spots if left in the carpet. You might want to test spot carpet first where it’s not important. You need to have it steam-cleaned and have a good quality pet deodorizer sprayed down. Also, heavy scotchgaurd is highly recommended because it helps keep the wet urine from soaking in right away so you can clean it up quickly before it is absorbed. I would purchase a bottle of spot cleaner from the carpet cleaner. Don’t buy the ones in grocery and department stores.. most are bad for your carpets. If the dog has already been going regularly in a specific area, which sounds like the case, you have a bigger problem. Even if you put vinegar on it, even if you have it professionally cleaned, it will probably not take care of it permanently. Once the carpet has been too soiled it soaks into the pad and sub-floor underneath. Even when you clean it off the surface carpet, when you walk on the spots you will soak back up the urine that’s in the pad underneath. This is called wicking. You will probably have to have the carpets cleaned, carpet pulled up, replace the soiled pads and KILLZ prime the subfloors. A big pain, but the only real way to get rid of it and keep the pets from wanting to return to the spot. Call a local carpet retailer for recommendations of a trustworthy carpet cleaning company. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.