Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Peeing inside AND outside

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training Peeing inside AND outside

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Patti K
    Participant

I rescued an 8 week old red nosed pit bull puppy 2 weeks ago. When we first brought her home she did AWESOME with house training. We took her outside every 1-2 hours, she would pee & poop and come back in, with no accidents in between. Over the past week she has totally regressed. I will take her outside, she will pee and poop, and within minutes of being inside she will pee again. I have tried keeping her outside for longer periods of time, so she can pee a couple of times, but she just ends up laying around. She also pulls the “hang around outside for ten minutes and not go, then poop as soon as she gets inside the door” trick. This will be the third pit bull puppy I have raised, but I haven’t had one since 2004 so there are a few things I need to brush up on. I know this is probably just part of the whole trials and tribs of house training, but is there anything I can do to make this easier?

chic_pr
    Participant

my dog is doing the same thing. Just when I had patted myself on the back for training him so quickly and easily.. He came back from the vets to get neutered & it’s been a nightmare ever since. At first the vet told me that he could be overreacting to a cortizone shot and that it would go away. It did start out that he had to go every 15 min.. then a day later 20 min.. & then 30.. but now over a week later, he can hold it for a couple hours here and there, but then all of a sudden he will just pee every 15 minutes again. or like you said, come inside and pee immediately after having gone outside to pee. I didn’t know if he was just traumatized by the whole “snip snip” or what, but I need to figure out something.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.