Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Now… Is Cookie Doing this on purpose or what? Grrrr

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Now… Is Cookie Doing this on purpose or what? Grrrr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tere0471
    Participant

I have a pit (Toqui) he’s 1 1/2 yrs old. around three weeks ago i adopted another pit (Cookie) she’s around 12 weeks. the issue here is that I take both dogs outside every day after breakfast they do what they have to to…. but apparently Cookie always saves a little bit to do some inside the house. i guess she love to see me mad???!!! i spend a long time outside with them and wait until they both go, but this is already driving me nuts.

anyone can come to my rescue please… before i go insane

rebeccajoshuaoshea
    Participant

I know lots of times puppies (12 weeks is still very much puppy stage), they have to go all the time, it seems. I don’t know much about having puppies–but are you gone for hours at a time during the day? Do you keep Cookie in a crate when you are away, or does someone come to take her out for a walk when you aren’t home? I guess the only thing I can think of is that, with being a puppy, her need to go is different than Toqui. Hope this helps. 🙂

tere0471
    Participant

hi rebecca! i’m here the whole day!!!! i take her out and she does her business, when we come back in she does her business again. the bad thing about this is that she gives me this adorable face, like she knows she’s doing something wrong, but she knows i just can’t punish her and does not care. .

you know…I rescued Cookie from this old man who wanted to raise her to fight, he says that female pits are the best fighters and I just feel so sorry for her that I’m just unable to even raise my voice to her. i’m sure she knows this and takes advantage

ChipsonTheGreat
    Participant

haha its normal. my bullie did that at first. i have a blacklab/germansherpard mix, and would take em out at the same time. but that didnt cut it. because puppies dont have control over their “lower” functions, like urinating, because the muscles arent as developed, so they’ll have a few accidents. I began taking him out 15 mins after a meal, and id grab him when i saw him sniffing around. i taught Chip, my puppy, to sit at the top of the stairs when he needs to go. hes pretty much figured it out and no more accidents. Chips so dang cute i dont wanna be stern either, but, look Cookie in the eye when giving her a command and when she obeys dont forget to spoil her to death with a treat in hand. especially when she goes outside. :p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.