Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

new

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    metis003
    Participant

Hello

Hello
    Well I am both new to fourms and pits. I sorta had 2 pits droped in my lap a couple days ago. People down the street were so suppose to be watching them & I guess they didn’t. They showed up in freezing rain so I let them in for the jnight. The real owner said keep them he can’t. Now I have a 3 year old half starved & blind baby male. I also have an eleven month sweet little healthy girl. One mutt (already mine) , two cats and 3 kids.

I am now trying to learn all I can about the breed and if I did the right thing. I couldn’t let them freeze and starve. The male has put one of my cats in the hospital with a broken jaw. If I don’t keep them the owner will dump them on someone else who will chain them in the yard. Everyone keeps telling me I am stupid and putting my kids in danger and I am going to be attacked.

I have been reading conflicting info… so I thought I would ask people who own them and know them for advice. Putting them down for other stupidity really is not an option. The male being blind worries me some too. Help please.

You came to the right place! I have a pit i found when she was 3 mos. old, I also have 3 cats, and 2 children in my home, and I’m a groomer. Pits are very loving dogs, especially with kids, and normally to ppl all around. My 1.5 yr old girl will go so far as to lay on the floor and act as a pillow for my stepson, and she likes to climb on the couch with him. They are truly awesome animals, and a joy to raise, they do need alot of exercise, though. Lillie runs with Brandon, and I walk her for 30-45 minutes a day, sometimes more. If you look through the site, you’ll see all the info there is here. Good luck, and congrats with your new babies!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.