Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Needs new home ASAP! Central Florida area

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Pit Bulls That Need a Home Needs new home ASAP! Central Florida area

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

I have a 5 year old spayed female pit mix in need of a new home immediately. She is a very fun, playful, lovable dog full of silly antics and goofiness, but she is not dependable around other dogs. She was rescued after being left behind when her owners moved and was found tied up in the yard, nearly starved and suffering from mange. This is her story…

Anabelle is a funny, crazy, goofy dog–very vocal and playful–and sweet and lovable when she isn’t bouncing all over the place! But when it comes to other dogs, she is unpredictable. She can get along great with one for weeks, months, even years, then one day something happens and the fight is on. The bad thing about this is she is also a powerful dog–a pitbull mix. Fights can be very traumatic, and even lethal. In the five years (almost 6) since I rescued her there have been three fights and I was injured in one trying to break it up. Have you ever stuck your hand in a pit’s mouth while it was fighting? Not a good idea. The most recent fight was with an elderly hound whose injuries were so severe he had to be put to sleep.
    Now I am at the point I have to re-home her or put her down. I hate to put down a girl with so much love and spirit but if she is re-homed it will HAVE to be with someone who has no other pets or children. There is no other way around that. She is miserable being crated half the time if you are trying to rotate her with another dog and she can literally EAT a door to get out of a room. She can never go to a dog park and I would strongly recommend she be muzzled when she is taken out on a walk. She may be little, but she is powerful. My children have been traumatized by the one fight they saw and the other that they saw after it was over. I cannot put them or another dog through that again. 
    I know how hard it is to find a good home for any animal, especially one who is unreliable and a powerful breed. The shelters are full of dogs just like her and will not take one that has fought. The rescues are full, but said it would be hard to find a home for her. I just keep praying I can find the perfect home for her where she can be the playful, lovable, goofy girls that she is. The clock is ticking on this girl 🙁

If you are interested please call me at 615-752-0378. I am located in Central Florida just south of Daytona Beach.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.