Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

need help with my female pit mix

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training need help with my female pit mix

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bella13
    Participant

i really need help here.. i’ve been retraining my mix pit Kali, if you read her bio you’ll understand. it’s going quite well, better that i expected. but there’s one thing that i can’t seem to know what to do. we usually go for a long walk everyday. i make run, go walk by the river and the climb little hills so i can get a lot of that energy out and then go for a walk. the problem is a small mix breed dog that thinks he owns the entire village. his owners don’t seem to care that there dog is running around. so today we were walking everything was going good, we went pass a group of people she got a bit excited and started to bark at them so i was correcting her and then that little dog came out of nowhere. so Kali started to jump, shake, bark, cry.. well about everything and i couldn’t even get her attention back. even with the treats that i bring along. so what to do! i don’t want anything bad happening to my dog or the other one. so please help 🙂

raisins mom
    Participant

Does your area have a leash law? If so then call your local animal control and have them talk to the owner especially if the owner refuses to help you by controling their dog. The problem is if something goes wrong people are gonna look at your dogs breed and make assumptions. I hate saying call the cops or animal control but sometimes its the last resort one has.

Bella13
    Participant

i was talking with my boyfriend and he agrees with you…. i will have to call someone because it’s getting out of hand.. the dog is running everywhere and well it almost got ran over twice when he was trying to get to Kali and me.. it has a collar but no license… he is very unstable also, so God knows what could happen :S

thank you very much for the help 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.