Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

my puppy’s biting..

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training my puppy’s biting..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    coolbiz
    Participant

i have a problem with my 9 week old pitbull puppy biting. I am new to this site and think its great i can get advice on this. whats the best way to reprimand her when she wants to bite hands and arms.i realize she is a puppy and teething however, at times it is hard and excessive.Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

ashley0520
    Participant

get the teething toys it helps some. i tap my dogs nose and tell him no when he does it. i dont beat him though.

kendseycollins
    Participant

She’s just trying to play with you like she would other dogs, she just needs to be taught that you are boss and that’s not how you like to play.  You can either tap her on the nose.  I’ve had good luck with genly holding their mouths closed and telling them no.  Sometimes puppies that are very rambunctious they will misinterpret the tap on the nose as playing.  Either way you go, just be consistant.  Don’t let her play like that one minute, then discipline her the next.  If you always let her know it’s not acceptable she should catch on pretty fast.

coolbiz
    Participant

thank you for the advice..im new to training dogs so that was helpful

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  You’re welcome!  I used to LOVE puppies.  I’ve now had enough of the potty training, the biting, the chewing etc. to last a life time!!  I happily adopted my parents geizer, rather than do the puppy training again, although, I may still end up cleaning up accidents as she is 14 (if my grandmother-in-law is any example, the dog will forget where she’s supposed to go to the bathroom 😀 )  My advice, don’t let your pup get away with anything you won’t like when he or she is 60 or 70 lbs.  Be consistant and use common sense and you’ll be okay.  Just be aware that this breed, while fantastic, is VERY stuborn.  Stick to your guns and don’t let things slide now, otherwise your pup will take the bit and run with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.