Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

My pitbull killing marmot …

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion My pitbull killing marmot …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikamatthews
    Participant

Hello  everyone i just have one question  about my dog.

i started going to the a lake to do roller around the lake and i let my dog running around with out a leash ,   i realized that she keep hunting marmot all around the field and she definetly a good hunter cause she keep bringing back dead marmot and my friend said that i should not let her keep killing and tasting the blood of other creatures cause it could have some consequence , since pitbull have an instinc to fight and kill their victim. Do you think my dog can become aggressif or can change her behavior. it a pitbull boxer mix.

thanks

southern_pit79
    Participant

No you are fine. This is part of what they are. They have terrier in them. If you were walking a rat terrier it would do the exact same thing. Its in their genes to go after small creatures. Terriers were bred for this job and it is part of your pit as well. Also they arent vampires they arent going to taste blood then suddenly want to go kill everything in site. LOL =) My pit does the same i just hold her leash tight and keep walking and she forgets about them.

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  LOVE the vampire remark!  Your friend is right about it not being a good idea to let your dog continue to kill marmots, but mainly just because it’s not nice to kill things, plus, it could be your neighbors cat next.  However, Southern_pit is also correct.  They are terriers.  I had a jack russell/rat terrier cross and she was a better mouser than most cats I know!  She also brought home a bird, squirrel, or rabbit from time to time.  It’s the same thing as a golden retriever or a lab, that was bred to retrieve things, being awsome at playing fetch (which my pit doesn’t do.)  There is no chance of your dog turning on you or any other human.  You are viewed as a pack member, not food.  Your dog is simply bringing dinner back to his family.  It’s not something to be encouraged, unless you hunt, but it’s also not something that is going to cause your dog to transform into a blood thirsty monster.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.