Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

My pit thinks im playing with him when i try to dicipline him

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training My pit thinks im playing with him when i try to dicipline him

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

My pit pup thinks im playing with him when i try to dicipline him, how do i teach him that we are not playing  but that he is in trouble. btw he is 11 weeks

TheSagers
    Participant

Mine is a year old and we have the same issue. Maybe someone will provide a tip we haven’t thought of.

bwilker
    Participant

Whenever my pit was a puppy I had a designated spot as his “time out” spot. Don’t make it his kennel though because when you put him in there as you leave he will just think he is always in trouble. I just got a cheap bath mat from wal mart and used that. Walk him to the mat and make him sit and if he moves take him straight back to it. I always made mine (Brixx) sit there for ten minutes without moving then would let him off of it. It takes them a while to understand to stay but with patience they will. Now anytime he is in trouble he knows to go to that spot.

bwilker
    Participant

I used a “time out” mat that I took him to anytime he was in trouble and made him sit there for about 10 minutes without moving from it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.