Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

My little boy was just neutered 4days ago& is not back to “normal”

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health My little boy was just neutered 4days ago& is not back to “normal”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rocky’sMumma
    Participant

recently had my 2 year old neutered and he has not been the same since. We had him fixed because when in social situations he would “hump” other dogs non-stop & snapped at me once. Since being fixed (wednesday, now satutday) this behavior has stopped but he has begun to exibit behavior very unlike him. We have had him since he was a puppy and he has always loved lots of love and attention. Since being fixed, he has been very “anti-social”. Going as far as leaving the room to separate himself from people for the entire day. He also seems to be depressed. He “sulks” or walks around with his head down and ears and tail down and flat. Before he was very playful with other dogs as he has always been very social. Now he seems impatient, scared and comfused. These are not characteristics of my dog pre-neuter. he still has gas (from anestesia???) Passing gas Scares him into hiding.. He doesn’t get excited about goin’ outside to go potty.. I fear I have done a terrible thing and I will never get my boy back. Please tell me this is a stage and it will soon pass. Understand that I am not exaggerating and that my dog is VERY differentnow. He has not been the same since and the change is not subtle. He is like my child and every mother knows when something is wrong. Help! ! !

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.