Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Legal Advice – PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Legal Advice – PLEASE HELP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lovemypit
    Participant

Hello all!! – First Post 🙂

I am a PROUD owner of a two year old american pit. His name is Casper and he is the sweetest dog i have ever had.

Hello all!! – First Post 🙂

I am a PROUD owner of a two year old american pit. His name is Casper and he is the sweetest dog i have ever had.

A few months ago while I was in the U.K. visiting family i received a message saying the dog had got out and attacked another lady’s dog. As this wasn’t the first time this happened I was worried for my dog’s life and immediately came home.

I was informed that Casper would not be released and that I would have to go to court to fight for his life.

As the court date was approaching i received a call stating the case was thrown out due to lack of evidence and i was welcome to collect my dog if I:

A) Moved out of my home
    B) Paid Boarding fees of $1700

At first they asked me to leave the city i live in as to make it easier for them!! I refused as I have lived in this town for 13 years

When I asked for a copy of the report i was forwarded to the relevant dept. 2 months later – no reply.

I feel as im being targetted I want my dog back but as a young man i just dont have that kind of money laying around.

I moved out of my house at a cost of $4000 so I cant pay the bills.

So I was wondering what my options could be….. Do I have any legal recourse? There is no evidence what-so-ever that my dog caused damage to another animal that night. The neighbours even refused to testify

Please Help

amberc922
    Participant

First I am so so sorry that this happened to you. Where do you live? Each state is different as far as pits go. For example I live in Ohio an the actual state has a law on pits plus individual cities. Most people would say that you were crazy for spending that much money on a dog. I completely understand how you feel though they are like children to us pit lovers and we would do anything for them. I am not into law enforcement or government but I would say they are abusing you and from the sounds of it you are from the UK? Meaning that people in this country will walk all over outsiders because they think you are stupid and don’t know any better. So they can get by with making you do all those things. If you weren’t breaking any laws to begin with then hell yeah fight. It is your right as a US citizen to stand up to bullies in our crapy government. Gather your facts and your evidence from the neighbors to the person who was watching the dog. If the other dog was taken to the vet then maybe there is pictures to prove that dog was fine. If you have things like that to back you up there’s nothing they can say.

Amber

lovemypit
    Participant

Thanks for the response!

IN fact i was told that the other dog had died.

Now there is no proof of that in fact there there are no pictures at all.

my pit is pure white but there was no blood

they also said that he grabbed the dog and pulled him into my backyard which seems very strange for a dog too do

SinfulVixen
    Participant

I would talk to a lawyer who has experience in this kind of scenarios. You can find a lawyer who gives consultations for little to no cost. Also they may charge only if they win your case.The thing is to gather as much information as possible. Please update on this matter and good Luck

lovemypit
    Participant

I’m hoping to get an injunction to stop them putting him down. Its difficult as all the research i have been doing online points only towards Dog bites and injuries.

I need to find a lawyer sympathetic to the cause

Any help would be appreciated

SinfulVixen
    Participant

Try contacting a pet lawyer who may be able to point you in the right direction.Also shouldn’t you have an appeal option? If so take advantage.Call the shelter and ask them about appeals.

lovemypit
    Participant

I’ve tried looking online but all i seem to find is lawyers who deal in Dog bites

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.