Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Just wanted to vent!

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Just wanted to vent!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    aschlauf
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am Adam and proud new owner of a sweet 10 week old APB. I have never thought bad of any breed of dog and have been around them my whole life, especially Airedale terriers.

Hi everyone. I am Adam and proud new owner of a sweet 10 week old APB. I have never thought bad of any breed of dog and have been around them my whole life, especially Airedale terriers.

My wife and I were walking Brody through a dog friendly park (not dog park) on a leash and came across a man and woman sitting in the shade with their dog. We said hi and the conversation that followed was:
    Woman: “How old is he?”
    My wife: “10 weeks.”
    Woman as the dogs calmly approach each other: “Oh, is he mean?”
    Me (shocked): “No, he’s not mean.” (He is 10 weeks old and 30 lbs smaller than your dog) I did not say this! 🙂
    Woman to Brody: “Not trained to be mean yet, huh?” To us: “You know, reputation.”
    We were speechless and after another 10 seconds of the dogs sniffing each other we said. “Brody, come.” and we calmly walked off without saying a word. Coming back on the loop we passed her again and she started saying “Oh he is so cute.” We still remained silent (smiling) and Brody stopped and wagged his tail at her and then kept walking when we commanded him too. We never retaliated or became defensive during the encounter and for that we were proud of ourselves but I could not believe the ignorance. I believe all dogs are good by design and have always thought Airedales and APBs were beautiful (In fact, Airedales are crazier!) Friends have questioned our choice and even my dad said we probably will not be able to have children for 10 years because they are mean. Just wanted to vent because I have never experienced anything like this. Thanks for listening!
    Adam

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.