Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

How Do i train my pit to not moan when i got out and how to stay in the kitchen at bedtime lol

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training How Do i train my pit to not moan when i got out and how to stay in the kitchen at bedtime lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    azz_swift
    Participant

everytime i shut my pit in the kitchen when me and my mrs are having dinner he goes mad but when we open the door and he comes in hes fine he dont beg or owt just lies down and when we want to goto bed we try shutting him in the kitchen but he goes mad then too and barks and winges plus he knows how to open doors too so we leave him in the front room but if i can help it i dont wanna leave him in the front room plus the mrs moans lol basically he wants to be with me all the time i cant even go shopping cause soon as the front door shuts or any door that shuts and he knows hes gonna be on his own he starts last night he was fine he stayed in the front room and didnt winge once but i just need help on how to keep him in the kitchen without the hassle he gives and how not to start when we need to go out lol otherwise from that hes fine with everything else

Pit Crew
    Participant

A happy dog is a tired dog. Or maybe you could find a way to co-exist for example let him in the kitchen but make sure he stays away from the table and food. And in the bedroom make him sleep on his own bed. If thats not an option I reccomend watching Caeser Millian’s show he has great tips for training.

geesspots
    Participant

what worked well for us is we have a dog bed centrally located so when we eat in the living room he goes to his dog bed and waits till we are finished and when we eat in the dinning room he is still near by it took us about 2-3 weeks of getting up and returning him to his bed untill he had it down sometimes he will even head to his bed when he sees the food getting plated.

As for the whinning when left in the kitchen have you tried a crate/kennel we trained ours starting when we gto him at 4-6 months he took to it right away and if it is a room issue (you dont have the space for a crate) we have a folding crate that we use when we trave and it folds down to about 2 feet  by 2 inches so when not in use it takes up almost no space.I know somepeople feel that it is cruel to crate you dog but mine loves it and now will often head for his crate all by himself.  there are also some great crates that act as a piece of furniture they can be a little pricey but i built one for about 50 bucks so if you are handy or a woodworker it is easy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.