Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

How big is your dog?

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion How big is your dog?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Tildas daddy
    Participant

My tilda was at the vet 2 day shes 18 tall and weighs 50lbs. Also got her test back and it says shes a pure bred. my question is now how do i go about getting papers?

pitlover82
    Participant

My marley girl is 1 1/2 spunky years old and she weighs in at a HEALTHY 68lbs…She is not a stocky pit at all, she IS big but beautiful/

go ask alice
    Participant

Thank you!
    Yeah, her parents are really great dogs to (:

jewel1110
    Participant

My girl jewel just turned a year on the first of January and she weighs about 45-50 pounds

houch105
    Participant

just picked bailey up from the vets after her spay and shes 55 lbs shes 9 months old  

ChristinaMarie
    Participant

My boys are 6 months and weigh in their 50lbs, Apollo is 53lbs and Duke is about 51lbs. But I swear they believe they are only 5lbs. They love laying on your lap, and if you have one the other wants to cuddle too! Haha I’m only 5’2 so they cover me when I sit with them!! But I love it 🙂

gIsZeLlEyBeAr
    Participant

hey everyone i was wondering i have a female pitt bull shes almost a year and shes up to my husbands knee’s hes 5 10 in and she weights about 45 pounds she has a lean body muscular too but i was wondering if shes too small cus i seen other pits and they happen too look taller and longer her mother was tall very muscular and dad was too but slightly shorter than the mother could hardly tell so if anyone can help me figure out if shes too small ok size

i also have a boy pitt hes like 9 months and hes a lil longer than her and taller big chested and a big head hes on my pixxx

gIsZeLlEyBeAr
    Participant

hey everyone i was wondering i have a female pitt bull shes almost a year and shes up to my husbands knee’s hes 5 10 in and she weights about 45 pounds she has a lean body muscular too but i was wondering if shes too small cus i seen other pits and they happen too look taller and longer her mother was tall very muscular and dad was too but slightly shorter than the mother could hardly tell so if anyone can help me figure out if shes too small ok size

i also have a boy pitt hes like 9 months and hes a lil longer than her and taller big chested and a big head hes on my pixxx

aurora1719
    Participant

My pit is just over a year old and she was the skinniest pit bull and looked like a cow for a long time, but all of a sudden about a month ago ( 15 mo old) she started filling out and looking like a pit bull finally.  I thought the same thing, wondering if she would ever fill out, but yours will in time.  I think females take longer to look muscular than males too.  Currently Lexi is about 60 pounds.

ashesmommie
    Participant

sadly but DNA is not 100 percent accurate and you could only get papers if her parents were registered

Jenna and Lilly
    Participant

My Lilly is almost 6 months and weighs about 40 lbs, maybe around 42 or 43. She looks small to me, but I see her every day. lol. Everyone else says that she’s getting big… I kind of want to know how big she’ll end up. I only saw her mother and she was a bit on the small side, but from what the breeders told me Lilly favors her father. Her mother is blue with a white stripe down her nose and the father was white and brindle (which is the coloring that Lilly has) The breeders said that the father was a lot bigger so i’m not sure. Guess i’ll just wait and see.

ashesmommie
    Participant

well after 6 month dogs don’t really grow anymore in height. 40 pounds is around the weight of a female pit bull. If ur dog was taking after her father’s gene’s she’d be bigger right now. Like my female took after her dad at 6 months she was already 55 pounds. And her coloring like her father’s coat will not determine that she’s like her father. That’s just color. Mine looked like the mother in coat and markings but that was it.

ashesmommie
    Participant

Pit bulls aren’t large breed dogs. They’re medium size and the females can be small (40 pounds) so I’m sure she’s completely normal and that’s just her structure.

Jenna and Lilly
    Participant

I guess that I didnt really explain it well… She was one of the bigger puppies in the litter, and I’m not even sure of the father’s true size. Some people think that labs are humongous animals, but to someone that owns a mastiff they’re just average. And the breeders were ridiculous people anyhow. They were getting rid of the pups when they were 5 1/2 weeks old, they lived in a known drug area and the puppies were probaby going to end up with crack addicts. I wanted to take them all home with me… Lilly had worms so bad that if we wouldnt have dewormed her when she turned 6 weeks the vet said that she probably wouldnt have made it. She also had horrible fleas in the middle of an ohio winter which is pretty much unheard of. But anyhow, enough of my rant.

The vet said that she would continue to gain weight until about a year, even though most of her weight would come in the first 6 months… Regardless, I’ll love her no matter how big or small she ends up. She was 40 lbs at 5 months and I havent weighed her recently so Im not sure of her actual weight. I’ll have to weigh her tomorrow. lol.

Sarah M. Rowley
    Participant

If you are talking about getting her licensed, I can help- If you want registered, as in UKC, sorry but I can not help you there. Regardless, I hope this helps!

First of all, you must have her rabies shot done (which was about $20). When you get this done, your veterinarian will give you a piece of paper for you to fill out with your Pitties information, and your own. When you’re done with that, you just take it to the animal shelter in your county and they will license your dog. We recently did this with our 1 year old Pitty Zeus, and it was $22 for a 1 year license. I think it is only $3 for a year if she is fixed. You can license your dog for one year or 3 years at a time. (Please note that this is in Michigan, so the price may vary)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.