Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

HELP!!!!!!! new pit owner and needs suggestions

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training HELP!!!!!!! new pit owner and needs suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    froggy72885
    Participant

I have a 1 1/2 yr old pit.her name is athena. I got her from a friend who couldnt keep her where she is staying. My problem? she chews everything. I cant even shower without kenneling her bc she chewed a remote that was on the table while i was in the shower. she takes the toys into my room and hides so she can chew. she even chewed a cord to the playstation controller while i was sitting on the couch. one minute she was chewing on her bone the next it was the cord. what gets me is i can leave her out on the couch all night long and she wont chew but during the day she looks for trouble. i tried the bitter cherry spray but that didnt work, she spit it out but still chewed on what i sprayed. i am running out of ideas to get her to stop. her other owner never addressed this issue when she had her….any ideas on what i can do????

houch105
    Participant

i muzzled our pit every time she chewed it took a while but she soon stopped but keep up with the chew spray as well

froggy72885
    Participant

i cant find a muzzle that she cant get off…

when u muzzle her, it may be necessary to get a cone head and cone her as well, at least at first. for her safety, more than anything else, bc if she is getting the muzzle off, she could accidentally scratch her eyes and or hurt her face in the act of getting it off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.