Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Harassment of Pit Bull

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Harassment of Pit Bull

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    chuerta_1
    Participant

I will most definitely toast to that.  I’d also like to toast the the belief that one day there will be no more need for advocate groups or being concerned about how we and our dogs are viewed by our neighbors and the authorities!

cocabear
    Participant

The biggest problem I have about going to the dog park is of course people seeing a pitbull. Although there are many friendly people there that love my dog cause all he does is run and play chase with their dog. But The major problem is SMALL dogs. My dog will go up to a small dog and automatically that small dog goes crazy and yaps and nips at my dogs ankles. To understand my dog more he gets scared and distant when a dog shows agression so my dog backs off some. But in some cases he tries to play with them and jump around them. I think the owner acts just like their dog cause they pick them up and say my dog is attacking their dog or scaring their dog. I had one lady pick her dog up and say pitbulls shouldn’t come to the park cause they are out of control. Honestly I think you shouldn’t  bring your small dog that yaps at all the big dogs there. The park is there to have “friendly” dogs socialize and run off their energy.

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  That’s funny.  My pit runs from small dogs too.  If they act friendly he plasters his face on the ground to try and play on their level.  We don’t let Kaos run loose any more, not because we worry about him being agressive, but just becuase he is not neutered and I don’t want to risk unwanted puppies.  I’m trying to find more people here in my hometown with pits becuase what I have found works best for off-leash galavants is to take the dogs to an enclosed, vacant place like a tennis court.  We have a couple with actual gates, not rotating doors (Kaos figured out how to work them.)  I like to take dogs I know are friendly and close them in and let them go wild.  They run and run and run and we don’t have to worry about unfreindly dogs or people and for dogs without great recall skills, it’s much safer.  Of course, when somebody comes to play tennis we give them the courts, but it’s an excelent way to let the dogs burn some energy in a more controlled environment.

kendseycollins
    Participant

I absolutely agree!  I look forward to the day when people see us and our dogs for who we really are.  I can’t wait for the day when the name doesn’t matter anymore because we no longer have to worry about proving anything!

GUILBEAU
    Participant

IT AMAZES ME HOW IGNORANT PEOPLE ARE WHEN IT COMES TO PITBULLS. THE SAME PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE EVERY POLITICIAN ON TV OR EVERY NEWS STORY THEY SEE… ANYWAY, I HAD MY PITBULL STOLEN WHEN HE WAS ONLY 2-3 MONTHS OLD. HE WAS TAKING TO A BAD PART OF THE CITY WHERE HE WAS FORCED TO TRY N FIGHT AND WAS CRAMMED INTO A TINY RABBIT CAGE. HE REFUSED TO FIGHT AND THANKFULLY AFTER A WEEK OF NONSTOP SEARCHING, WE RESCUED HIM WITH THE HELP OF A POLICE OFFICER. MY COUSIN IS A COP AND DIDNT EVEN WANNA HELP ME BECAUSE OF THE BAD REP THEY HAVE IN SOME PEOPLES EYES. MY DOG HAS NEVER HAD ANY AGGRESSION TOWARDS ANOTHER DOG OR HUMAN BEING EVEN AFTER THE CONDITIONS HE WENT THROUGH. I HAVE STARTED A WEBPAGE THAT I AM TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO HELP RESTORE THE NAME OF PITBULLS SHOW I CAN SHOW THE WORLD HOW MANY PEOPLE SUPPORT OUR BREED. PLEASE JOIN AND COMMENT ON THE FORUM IF YOU CAN HTTP//:http://WWW.CAJUNPITBULLS.COM THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY STORY AND GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING

Yaminpix
    Participant

Hey the all caps lock is a little intense. It sounds like your yelling. But about the content of your post, thats an amazing story. Thank God you found him! That’s truly a miracle. Sounds like you have an interesting website as well. I don’t know what I would do if that happened to my dog, I would be beyond relieved to find him, but upset that he had to endure all that. Jeez, what’s wrong with people?

Yaminpix
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.