Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Half Lab Half Pit and cold weather??

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Half Lab Half Pit and cold weather??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennfrk
    Participant

I was given a puppy in April that I thought was lab, but found out he was mixed. I heard something about pit bulls not being able to handle the colder weather because they don’t have as much hair as other dogs. Is this true? I’m just worried about where to leave him now that it is getting colder and the snow/ice season are upon us. I work during the day and he has a crate, but I usually leave him outside during the day (He loves the backyard and his toys!) Any advice……..he hasn’t been through an Oklahoma winter yet and I’m worried he’ll be cold.

ericas918
    Participant

No dog should be left out in the cold (or heat) regardless of it being a pit bull or not. How would you like sitting out in the cold (or heat) all day, not being able to go inside? You wouldn’t…neither would a dog. You said that you have a crate for him? Why not use that? Keep him crated while you’re not home if yor’re worried about him getting in to anything. I have 2 dogs and they are crated when we are not home and they’re fine. Warm and happy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.