Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Ginger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

Ginger is 2 years old and she still tears up her pillow I buy her to sleep on.  She even shredded my siberian husky, Snowy, pillow.

Is she still considered a ‘puppy’ still?  My husky who is 9 months older, hole digs and runs occasionally, but never chewed and torn things up like Ginger likes to do.  Do pit bulls grow up a little slower?  She was the ‘runt’ of the litter.  My husband picked her because she had such a sweet nature, she plays with my 13 year old cat and 21 year old parrot.

Did I screw up as a mom and not train her correctly?  She went to training and comes, sits, walks on a lease (because of lease laws and safety) —-but what’s up with the destruction?!

b-mart310
    Participant

I don’t think you screwed up training her. I have two ideas in which you can try to resolve the problem. 1) Use a blanket insead of the pillow. My pit shredded up her pillow that we put in her house and we used a blanket instead. She hasn’t shredded that up. 2) Ginger might be bored and as you may know, pitbulls get destructive when they’re bored. So she might have been using the pillows as her own personal chew toys. GOOD LUCK! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.