Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

food

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ericas918
    Participant

We have decided to switch brands of dog food. Currently we are feeding our 2 girls Iams, and I’m sure most of you are cringing at the thought right now, but I never realized there was a big issue until I started hearing about all the recalls and doing some research on it. I now know what I need to be looking for. I wanted to switch to Blue Buffalo but our local grocery store doesnt carry it and any Petco is far enough away where it would be a hassle to get it should we get in some sort of bind of just about running out. While at the grocery store this past week I saw Harmony Holistic dog food. Looking at the ingredients it seems pretty good, so I bought a bag to try it out. Both of our Pitties have sensititive stomachs so I’m hoping that I made a good choice and this isn’t going to get them really sick. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Harmony foods or knows anythign about them before I begin the switch. I cant find much on the net about it.

josh84
    Participant

hi erica do you all have a tractor supply store close by ? if so try diamond dog food high energy blend alot of breeders and dog show people use this food and i use ti also its been great for my dogs but make sure they get plenty of excerize because the energy is insane

ericas918
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the closest tractor supply store is actually farther away from me than any Petco. I did end up getting the Harmony Hills Chicken and Rice formula. I began the switch the other day and even though they aren’t getting more than a handful combined with their old food, so far its been good. No complaints, issues, upset tummys which is good. I’m sure the real test is when the switch is complete and its like week 2 of being on the new food full time, but I’ll deal with that when it comes!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.