Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Firecrackers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kendseycollins
    Participant

I was just curious, does anybody elses pit like fireworks/crackers?  Kaos loves them!  He chased them and chased them last 4th of July.  His favorite were the screamers or the ones that blew up big in the sky.  My husband gets a kick out of lighting poppers.  Kaos goes running after them when they pop.  Today my hubby pretended to light one behind our ladder.  Kaos climbed to the top rung of the ladder looking for it.  You can immagine my surprise at seeing a dog on a ladder.  At any rate, we are dog sitting a friends border collie cross (they get along fabulously, but sometimes Hope gets grumpy w Kaos or chases him away from his food.  He just patiently waits till she’s done, then eats.)  Hope HATES the poppers.  She  runs and hides.  We started leaving her inside.  I was just trying to find out if it’s a pit thing, or a my-weird-dog thing.

southern_pit79
    Participant

My girl, as you know, is scared of the slightest bit of rain, dim lightening, and quiet thunder. I think fire works will scare her. This is problematic as my neighborhood has a very larger block party on the fourth with lots of big fire works and even cannons. I dont know how she will do… we do a pre fourth warm up and  I will get to test it then. I’ll let you know. Camp fires are no big deal to her though…

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  They’re so funny.  We go to a small town in Wyoming every 4th because fireworks are legal so the entire sky gets lit up with hundreds of thousands of dollars every year.  People who live there buy mild sedatives for thier dogs that day so that they don’t get so stressed out.  My dog loved every minute of it! They deffinately have their individual personalities!

southern_pit79
    Participant

Other loud noises dont bother her. I know many dogs that are scared of vacuums or lawn mowers getting close to them. She is fine with both. I am going to take her to the warm up to see how she fairs then. HOPEFULLY she will be fine. =) She is such a good girl i really lucked out with her!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.