Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Feeding her muscles!

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health Feeding her muscles!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Katara.Love.2010
    Participant

Hello!

Hello!

I recently adopted my pit from the Humane Society and when Katara came home, they sent us with a bag of dog food that they had her on. It is complete CRAP! We are about to change her food and was wondering if anyone has tried a Taurrine supplement. My husband trains MMA and takes Taurrine for muscle recovery. I noticed that the crappy food she was eating had a small amount of it in there. Being as Katara is so muscular and full of energy, I would like to aid her muscles. Any thoughts on Taurrine or maybe another type of vitamin? Perhaps just sticking with a high protein diet? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Miss Mouse
    Participant

I was unaware Taurine had to do with musculature, but I’m definitely no expert on dog nutrition. I do know that high protein diets are the best for getting a dog back up to a healthy weight and building muscle. As far as maintaining them, though, will she have a normal level of activity? You don’t really need high protein or anything like that just to maintain – you just need a normal rounded diet and plenty of exercise to keep her in shape. Humane societies don’t typically receive much aid from THE Humane Society, so they can’t afford top shelf dog food – they take what they can get in donations. They probably only sent you with it so you could switch her to a new food slowly instead of all at once, which would give her tummy upset.

Unless she is underweight or in poor condition, I wouldn’t feed high protein. She’s just going to pack it on in weight if she isn’t working harder to burn it.

Katara.Love.2010
    Participant

Taurrine aids in muscle recovery. It allows the muscles to regain all of the energy needed. Since I have posted this, I have switched her to Blue Buffalo dog food. Omg… that stuff is AMAZING!! After about a week I noticed she was more defined and it did wonders for her skin and coat. We live on a farm and she is always running around! I have decided not to add any supplements It looks like good food is all she to her diet for her muscles. good food is all she needed. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.