Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Ear infection

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Health Ear infection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea and Jon
    Participant

My 2yr old Pit bull mix has reoccuring ear infections. I have gone to the vet and gotten the antibiotic many times. I would like to use something more natural. Has anyone used Mineral Oil or something else as a natural remedy.

AmberK
    Participant

I was going to post a question on this today 🙂 We have the same problem with my new rescue.  We’ve had him since November and he always has an ear infection and is on antibiotics and needs his ears cleaned every 2 days to prevent them from happening.  Ive had people suggest clipping his ears but really DONT want to do that!  I NEED HELP!!! Suggestions please 🙂

raisins mom
    Participant

Our German Shepherd is the same way.  We figured out through food choices that he allergic to many of the foods that have fillers.  We had to put him on Taste of the Wild which has helped.   Along food allergies he has seasonal allergies too. This week it was a yeast infections so the vet said to use the ear antibiotics in the jowl area of his mouth and ears. The vet thinks our dog when scratching his mouth then ear is transferring the yeast into the ear causing the infection.  sounds weird I know . We also give him Benadryl too.  Just some options to discuss w/ your vet.

raisins mom
    Participant

Our German Shepherd is the same way.  We figured out through food choices that he allergic to many of the foods that have fillers.  We had to put him on Taste of the Wild which has helped.   Along food allergies he has seasonal allergies too. This week it was a yeast infections so the vet said to use the ear antibiotics in the jowl area of his mouth and ears. The vet thinks our dog when scratching his mouth then ear is transferring the yeast into the ear causing the infection.  sounds weird I know . We also give him Benadryl too.  Just some options to discuss w/ your vet.

AmberK
    Participant

Thanks Raisin’s Mom 🙂  We know he’s got food allergies and is on a limited ingredient food, but the ears are starting to drive me nuts!  I will ask his vet about Bendryl, thanks!

chuckclose1
    Participant

my 3 yr old has been going through this year round sense 6months old.

hers is so bad the only thing that ever helped her is a prednazone regiment.

be carefull if you go this route! they gain much weight. lately her vet has been trying to have us use antihistamines daily to reduce the amount of prednazone and we are haveing some results but its a strict time table to stick with or she will tear her ears up quickly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.